Question Pc restarting while playing gpu intense games

Jul 27, 2022
Hey
My problem started since 2 days, whenever I'm playing games for eg: apex legends , gpu intensive my pc restarts automatically and when i try to run gpu benchmark from furmark same thing is happening. I checked the temps and all the temps are fine always under 60celsius.
I tried other games too be sure like valorant (crashes sometimes) , fall guys ( never crashed).
For normal work pc is working fine with no restarts and when it comes to gpu load it restarts. I tried every single possible solution like upgrading bios, reinstalling windows, rollback of drivers but none of the solution has succeed.
My PC spec:
i3 10100F
gtx 1060 6gb
ram 8gb
mobo H410m s2 v3
psu 450W
wins 10 ,21 H2

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hey
My problem started since 2 days, whenever I'm playing games for eg: apex legends , gpu intensive my pc restarts automatically and when i try to run gpu benchmark from furmark same thing is happening. I checked the temps and all the temps are fine always under 60celsius.
I tried other games too be sure like valorant (crashes sometimes) , fall guys ( never crashed).
For normal work pc is working fine with no restarts and when it comes to gpu load it restarts. I tried every single possible solution like upgrading bios, reinstalling windows, rollback of drivers but none of the solution has succeed.
My PC spec:
i3 10100F
gtx 1060 6gb
ram 8gb
mobo H410m s2 v3
psu 450W
wins 10 ,21 H2
I would suspect the power supply what is the 450 watt PSU your using.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Hey
My PC spec:
i3 10100F
gtx 1060 6gb
ram 8gb
mobo H410m s2 v3
psu 450W
wins 10 ,21 H2
either PSU or gpu gotta be sus. what psu you got?

Does it freeze first then crash or does it suddenly just go black and restart? Do you ever get a blue screen with any problem info? I would use a monitor app and watch your gpu, cpu temps to make sure that either one is not overheating and shutting the pc down. Also, I would check your virtual memory to make sure the pc is controlling it and check to make sure there is enough virtual memory being used. For 8gb memory it should be around 12288 MB . And you may even need another 8gb stick to play the games.

Jul 27, 2022
Does it freeze first then crash or does it suddenly just go black and restart? Do you ever get a blue screen with any problem info? I would use a monitor app and watch your gpu, cpu temps to make sure that either one is not overheating and shutting the pc down. Also, I would check your virtual memory to make sure the pc is controlling it and check to make sure there is enough virtual memory being used. For 8gb memory it should be around 12288 MB . And you may even need another 8gb stick to play the games.
It suddenly goes black and restart and didn't any bsod with any info. and i have been playing games on 8gb since many months and didn't faced any issues but I will try to buy a new stick too.

Jul 27, 2022
That CM is tier 4 and is not a good PSU at all. It 'might' do, but you would not want to do any OC'ing or anything other than general office use, light gaming.

Where do you buy from? Can you link the site? Then we could recommend something better than a CV or CM MWE.
Okie, I will buy from Amazon.in and looking for budget friendly option because I won't be using this pc after 12-15 months and I will not OC . Mostly I just play apex legends nothing else.

Okie, I will buy from Amazon.in and looking for budget friendly option because I won't be using this pc after 12-15 months and I will not OC . Mostly I just play apex legends nothing else.

Okay, there's not much choice there unless you are willing to go up higher than 8,000inr. I did see this: Amazon.in: Buy ASUS TUF Gaming 550W Bronze PSU, Power Supply(Axial-tech Fan Design, Dual Ball Fan Bearings, 0dB Technology, 80 Plus Bronze Certification, 80cm 8-pin CPU Connector, 6-Year Warranty) (90YE00D2-B0NA00) Online at Low Prices in India | ASUS Reviews & Ratings

It's OEM is Greatwall, and I understand it's the same platform as the Corsair CX, which is decent enough. It also has a 6 year warranty, which whilst not the longest suggests it's of good enough quality. There are no real reviews or teardowns on it though.

Otherwise I'd be pointing you to a Corsair RM/RMx or EVGA GA or something. The PSU is the heart of your system. You don't want a defective one, so spending more on something thats made with quality parts is better than something with supposedly higher wattage, which often don't provide the power.

Reactions: Laizy
What might have changed since all was good two days ago?

When gaming, a psu will draw extra power.
If your unit is a cheap unit or is starting to fail, that would match your symptoms.

Your processor is a good one and can support a fairly large graphics upgrade.
Consider your psu replacement as a future investment.
Do not buy a cheap psu.
A cheap PSU will be made of substandard components. It may not have all safety and overload protections.
The danger is if it fails under load, it can destroy anything it is connected to.
It will deliver advertised power only at room temperatures, not at higher temperatures found when installed in a case.
The wattage will be delivered on the 3 and 5v rails, not on the 12v rails where modern parts
like the CPU and Graphics cards need it. What power is delivered may fluctuate and cause instability;
issues that are hard to diagnose.
The fan will need to spin up higher to cool it, making it noisy.
A cheap PSU can become very expensive.

Do not buy one.

One way to test the quality of a psu is to look at the warranty.
If it is 7 years or more, likelihood is that it is a quality unit. At the very least, look at the corsair CX units with a 5 year warranyt.

Reactions: Laizy