Question PC restarting while playing Rust? Trying to check DMP file

Jundals NZ

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2014
Hey,
So i started playing Rust with a few mates and had no issues until a few days ago. Now my PC will randomly restart Mid Game with no BSOD or error message or anything.
I have googled around and seen a lot with the same issue but no real fix or reason I can relate to mine. The problem is only while playing Rust all other games and programs are working fine.
I monitored my Temps mid game to see if that was an issue but nothing out of the ordinary going on there, and the game may work fine for a few hours then restart my PC several times in the space of an hour. Other games put a higher load on my PC and they work fine so i don't think that's the issue.
Have added a link to my .DMP file to see if any clever people can spot the issue as i cant quite figure it out.

If anyone can see anything in there that could be causing the restarts and let me know what it means that would be a great help.

Cheers, Cameron

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TmnwuyRJLcDGNgJ5PDyciCNe-xzqYy4T?usp=sharing

I7-8700K
16GB RAM
RTX 3080
ASUS PRIME Z370-A

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it was a recycled unit from an older system). You also need to mention the specs to the rams used and the version for your OS and the BIOS.

If a system reboots while it's taxed or under any load, then the likely culprits are;
a| temperatures(inadequate cooling)
or
b| the PSU is failing to power your system.

Jundals NZ

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2014
You forgot to mention the make and model of your PSU and it's age(if it was a recycled unit from an older system). You also need to mention the specs to the rams used and the version for your OS and the BIOS.

If a system reboots while it's taxed or under any load, then the likely culprits are;
a| temperatures(inadequate cooling)
or
b| the PSU is failing to power your system.

The PSU is a Cooler Master V 750W 80Plus Gold purchased in November last year.
RAM is G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 2666Mhz CL15.
Using windows 10 PRO version 10.0.19041 build 19041
Bios is American Megatrends 0606 12/12/2017

The thing is i have been monitoring my temps etc in game and they are no higher than normal or anything to be concerned about. I play other games that put more of a load on my PC than Rust does and I have no problems it only occurs with Rust. Occasionally it will happen in the main menu before even joining a server with minimal load.