Question PC Restarting while under load

Feb 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I recently built a PC (2 months ago) and worked well until last week. My computer started randomly rebooting specifically under load. Games that I play had no problem before such as Cyberpunk 2077, but now the PC also restarts about 10 mins playing it. Also, I tried running OCCT and it also restarts. Any problem that you can see here? I didn’t do any overclocking to the CPU or GPU. Just wanted to know the exact component that has issues so I can process it for RMA.

Here’s a video of the OCCT stress test I ran and the tine it restarted: https://streamable.com/1cdo9n

Specs:
MSI B550M MAG Mortar
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
Seasonic Focus GX-650W
Deepcool Gammax GTE V2
TForce Delta 16GB 3200 Mhz

Troubleshooting that I did:
  1. Reseat components and cables (GPU, RAM, PSU)
  2. Check temperatures while under load
  3. Check event viewer (showing only kernel 41 and no other helpful errors)
  4. Set restore power on power loss in BIOS to off (still restarting and not staying at off state)
  5. Set automatically restart on errors to off (still automatically restarting)
  6. Updated drivers, set BIOS to default, cleared CMOS

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I recently built a PC (2 months ago) and worked well until last week. My computer started randomly rebooting specifically under load. Games that I play had no problem before such as Cyberpunk 2077, but now the PC also restarts about 10 mins playing it. Also, I tried running OCCT and it also restarts. Any problem that you can see here? I didn’t do any overclocking to the CPU or GPU. Just wanted to know the exact component that has issues so I can process it for RMA.

Here’s a video of the OCCT stress test I ran and the tine it restarted: https://streamable.com/1cdo9n

Specs:
MSI B550M MAG Mortar
Ryzen 7 3700x
MSI 3070 Ventus 3X
Seasonic Focus GX-650W
Deepcool Gammax GTE V2
TForce Delta 16GB 3200 Mhz

Troubleshooting that I did:
  1. Reseat components and cables (GPU, RAM, PSU)
  2. Check temperatures while under load
  3. Check event viewer (showing only kernel 41 and no other helpful errors)
  4. Set restore power on power loss in BIOS to off (still restarting and not staying at off state)
  5. Set automatically restart on errors to off (still automatically restarting)
  6. Updated drivers, set BIOS to default, cleared CMOS
12v is spiking looks like... And core maybe be also where i paused it it on max spike