[SOLVED] PC restarts during GPU stress test ?

Jan 21, 2022
Hey guys !

So my specs are:

Motherboard: Asus, Asus PRIME B550M-A (WI-FI)

CPU: AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism

Ram: Patriot DIMM 64 GB DDR4-3600 Kit

GPU: Inno3D, INNO3D GeForce RTX 3070 iChill X3 8GB GDDR6 256-bit 3xDP+HDMI

PSU: Master Cooler V750

3 x air cooler be quiet!

So my problem is first the setup just ran fine for about 6 months. And then suddenly on my easy games like CSGO the PC just turned the screens black. PC still running rebooting. Most of the times this happens during video rendering or in games. So I stress tested my PC with FurMark. I did this like ten times and each time the same result. Restarting. No blue screen nothing. I stress tested my CPU as well. That just ran without any problems. Now I changed the PSU to Seasonic G12 GC-850 Gold but still the same problem. I changed the GPU to a older one. Still the same problem. I am getting crazy. Is there any help out there?

Solution
Hey guys !

So my specs are:

CPU: AMD, CPU AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism

3 x air cooler be quiet!

So my problem is first the setup just ran fine for about 6 months. And then suddenly on my easy games like CSGO the PC just turned the screens black. PC still running rebooting. Most of the times this happens during video rendering or in games. So I stress testet my PC with FurMark. I did this like ten times and each time the same result. Restarting. No blue screen nothing. I stress tested my CPU as well. That just ran without any problems. Now...
Hey guys !

So my specs are:

CPU: AMD, CPU AMD AM4 Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism

3 x air cooler be quiet!

So my problem is first the setup just ran fine for about 6 months. And then suddenly on my easy games like CSGO the PC just turned the screens black. PC still running rebooting. Most of the times this happens during video rendering or in games. So I stress testet my PC with FurMark. I did this like ten times and each time the same result. Restarting. No blue screen nothing. I stress tested my CPU as well. That just ran without any problems. Now I changed the PSU to Seasonic G12 GC-850 Gold but still the same problem. I changed the GPU to a older one. Still the same problem. I am getting crazy. Is there any help out there?
try to uninstall the gpu driver using ddu (display driver uninstaller), then uninstall chipset driver in control panel, reboot to bios and install the latest bios, go to bios after update and load optimized settings, and put down the pcie lane to pcie 3.0 for the gpu, boot up, and install the latest amd chipset driver from amd website, then reboot after install the chipset driver, then test them. also note that you need to use 1 pcie power cable (the main one) instead of splitting them, like this:
unknown.png
1konjmikdb461.png

Solution
Jan 21, 2022
try to uninstall the gpu driver using ddu (display driver uninstaller), then uninstall chipset driver in control panel, reboot to bios and install the latest bios, go to bios after update and load optimized settings, and put down the pcie lane to pcie 3.0 for the gpu, boot up, and install the latest amd chipset driver from amd website, then reboot after install the chipset driver, then test them. also note that you need to use 1 pcie power cable (the main one) instead of splitting them, like this:
unknown.png
1konjmikdb461.png
Hey thank you very much for your help. I tried to follow your guidelines as precise as possible. I need to reinstall a gpu driver somehow now right? Because I see only one of 2 monitors and the test can't start because it is missing "Open Gl 2.0" what I think has something to do with the missing driver. I wanted to add an important detail in my case: even when both gpus crashes during the gpustresstest, none of them is getting hot. Both are around 70 degrees during the crash. I will wait here until your permission to install a gpu arrives me. Thank you in advance!

Reactions: Koekieezz
Hey thank you very much for your help. I tried to follow your guidelines as precise as possible. I need to reinstall a gpu driver somehow now right? Because I see only one of 2 monitors and the test can't start because it is missing "Open Gl 2.0" what I think has something to do with the missing driver. I wanted to add an important detail in my case: even when both gpus crashes during the gpustresstest, none of them is getting hot. Both are around 70 degrees during the crash. I will wait here until your permission to install a gpu arrives me. Thank you in advance!
from what i've been experiencing its related to psu, but from what ive been experiencing while using my friends pc (confused why it became funky like yours), turning down to pcie 3.0 (but do the steps first) helped. me and my other friend alrd tought that it's between the cpu, motherboard, or the gpu. btw he is using R3 3300X + B550M Mortar + RTX 3060Ti. He bought that earlier when it launched (knowing pc parts going to increase alot), and we think that the pcie 4.0 is kinda uncooked/immature.

you can tag me if you needed me or these guide, but also give a chance to listen the others :D

Reactions: thefrog92
Jan 21, 2022
So I must say,

The PC runs very fast without all that Asus amd software pretending to help me. So it's nice to install the drivers oldschool from the internet and not like suggested from the pre-installed tools. But unfortunately the stress test stays negative. After round about 3 minutes at 66°C the monitors turned black again and the PC restarted after 2 minutes of doing whatever. So I still would appreciate help 🙂 Thanks in advance

Jan 21, 2022
News: After 4 Days of unshowered chaotic panic mode I decided to play my favorite radio channel in Austria Ö1. I got a huge Video lamp and rebuild the PC peace by peace. Maybe the gpu was not completely inserted correctly. So now I am watching the stress test since 13 minutes now instead of 2 and a half. I am very thankful for this forum at least not being completely alone on this issue. That helped a lot. And especially I wanna thank you Koekieezz. Maybe it is a mix of your tips and the my work. However I would like to invite you to a few beers. How can I manage that? Can you write me your PayPal as direct message or something? Thank you for your help and mental support. It was very frustrating as not tech guy to try all that stuff nearly alone. But with also the help of my genius brother. But in this case I know how to send him beer. However thank you good night ! I am very happy to have the possibility to work again 🤥🔫

Reactions: Koekieezz
News: After 4 Days of unshowered chaotic panic mode I decided to play my favorite radio channel in Austria Ö1. I got a huge Video lamp and rebuild the PC peace by peace. Maybe the gpu was not completely inserted correctly. So now I am watching the stress test since 13 minutes now instead of 2 and a half. I am very thankful for this forum at least not being completely alone on this issue. That helped a lot. And especially I wanna thank you Koekieezz. Maybe it is a mix of your tips and the my work. However I would like to invite you to a few beers. How can I manage that? Can you write me your PayPal as direct message or something? Thank you for your help and mental support. It was very frustrating as not tech guy to try all that stuff nearly alone. But with also the help of my genius brother. But in this case I know how to send him beer. However thank you good night ! I am very happy to have the possibility to work again 🤥🔫
Im happy to hear that it could a little bit arranged your problems, and sure we could have some chat, i'll write it at the dm, thank you :D

Last edited: