Question PC restarts after playing games?

Aug 25, 2020
First, i'm 5 days over warranty deadline so i cannot return anything unfortunately. I am entirely new to this as well, it was a prebought PC from Newegg.

A month ago i bought this computer and it was working fine. Every now and then my PC would restart when playing certain games. I can't remember but i think RDR2 started the crashes, perhaps some lower level games as well. However in the last 3 days, I can't play ANYTHING above something like Runescape. RDR2 crashes in 2 min of gameplay. ATLAS (pirate ARK) in the same amount of time.

GPU had a bad "slot" in the mobo when it arrived due to careless UPS, these forced restarts made it so i couldn't even see my HDMI screen anymore. I put the GPU in a second slot and i no longer have an HDMI error, but now my computer just restarts every time i play an intensive game. It never actually turns off though. I'm assuming this is the PSU? Perhaps too much heat? This computer should handle these games nicely at 60fps so i don't understand the issue.

If i DO need a new PSU, what would be a good compatible one with my specs? Price isn't an issue as long as it's not outrageous. If it's the GPU dying though i'm going to be super pissed because that's arguably the most expensive hardware in my PC

Specs :

16 GB DDR4 memory
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8 GB GDDR6

PSU - 550W 80+ Bronze (after researching i think this MAY be the issue, a faulty PSU. Don't hold me to that though)

Case - Rosewill SPECTRA D100 ATX Mid Tower With Tempered Glass Case (4 x 120 mm RGB fans)

OS - Win10 64bit.

Mobo - AMD B450.

CPU - Ryzen 5 3rd Gen, 3600 (3.60 GHz), 64 bit 6-Core 12-Thread Processor

Aug 25, 2020
So you wait until warranty is over before asking for help?

make and model of the psu'?
check the cpu/gpu temp during the game?
I didn't think i needed help because coincidentally the issue got really bad a few days after warranty. For the last month it was fine mostly, only restarted once every day. Now it's every 5 min :(

Anyways, PSU is just called 550W 80+ bronze. I am very new to all this, i bought my computer prebuilt and had no idea things would be this difficult. These games are supposed to run at 60fps flawlessly

Pedro sachez

Great
Jan 22, 2020
I didn't think i needed help because coincidentally the issue got really bad a few days after warranty. For the last month it was fine mostly, only restarted once every day. Now it's every 5 min :(

Anyways, PSU is just called 550W 80+ bronze. I am very new to all this, i bought my computer prebuilt and had no idea things would be this difficult. These games are supposed to run at 60fps flawlessly
That's all your fault but i had an issue like that because one of my ram sticks didnt match the other obes and my game restarted because of that i took out the mismatched ram stick and no problem check if all the ram sticks are the same

TRENDING THREADS