JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
My PC:
GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 8gb
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B450 F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Ram: 8GB G.Skill 3200 Mhz

So my pc restart after i want to play any game.
I can go to the main menu but only for couple of seconds.
For some reason I can play Minecraft with highest setting with only 25 to 40 FPS.
I switched the GPU from a RX 580 to a GTX258 and it worked
But the GPU can't be dead because it worked in my last Pc.
Maybe the drivers?
I did a clean install of the drivers. First deleted all with DDU. Then downloaded the newest driver.
But what i noticed is that the fan of my RX 580 isn't spinning. Because it have the "Stop Fan" feature. So I turned the fans with MSI Afterburner to 50%.
But it still restarts.

Last edited:

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
My PC:
GPU: Gigabyte RX 580 8gb
Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix B450 F
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
Ram: 8GB G.Skill 3200 Mhz

So my pc restart after i want to play any game, even minecraft at lowest settings.
I can go to the main menu but only for couple of seconds.
I switched the GPU from a RX 580 to a GTX258 and it worked
But the GPU can't be dead because it worked in my last Pc.
Maybe the drivers?
I did a clean install of the drivers. First deleted all with DDU. Then downloaded the newest driver.
But what i noticed is that the fan of my RX 580 isn't spinning. Because it have the "Stop Fan" feature. So I turned the fans with MSI Afterburner to 50%.
But it still restarts.

Hi @JerryJG,

Try the RX580 in another PC if you can. Do you have anything newer than the 258 you can try? Whats your mobo's bios ver?Also, what PSU do you have? Possibly the drivers, so you can try an earlier release to check. No OC's? RAM running @ 3200 with XMP or..? Tried resetting your CMOS to default? Is the RAM in the correct slots? Try 1 stick at a time if you have 2x4GB.

Let us know.

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Thanks for the quick answer.
I could try the RX 580 in a other Pc.
No, I only have the RX and GTX
Mobo Bios on newest Version
Noname PSU (Combatpower750W)
Tried the earliest and newest driver version, didn't worked
No OC
I already did a CMOS reset.
Now I try to change the Ram and try the other slots.
And i bought a new PSU. So I can tell if it is the PSU. I will let you know

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
I think my PSU is now complety dead 😂
I only have one for two PC. So I maybe switched it to often ?
Know the MOBO get no power.
Maybe the PSU overheat, because of using it to long ?

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Hi @JerryJG,

Try the RX580 in another PC if you can. Do you have anything newer than the 258 you can try? Whats your mobo's bios ver?Also, what PSU do you have? Possibly the drivers, so you can try an earlier release to check. No OC's? RAM running @ 3200 with XMP or..? Tried resetting your CMOS to default? Is the RAM in the correct slots? Try 1 stick at a time if you have 2x4GB.

Let us know.
I tried the RX580 in another Pc and it worked

JerryJG

Reputable
Nov 9, 2019
Recently i got this Error: The procedure entry point clCreateImage could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\AMDRSServ.exe
But I can run Minecraft at highest settings with only 25 to max 40 FPS. Is that normal with this Pc ?

Last edited: