PC restarts as soon as windows starts to boot

Dunken

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015
As soon as my pc starts to boot windows it restarts itself, I have unplugged my video card and all but one RAM module however the problem still persists. I have also tried 3 different drives. I use an old 32GB Mtron SSD to run windows (and a 1tb HDD for everything else) On the Mtron it wont even get as far as the (win7) loading screen. however on an hdd from my laptop it will reach the screen saying "start windows normally" or "recovery mode" surprisingly I can use recovery mode fine however when I did it said something about a corrupt registry and still couldn't boot into windows. The same drive works as normal in my laptop (which I am using to write this) The mtron wont work in my laptop as it is for use with Sony drives only I also used a third windows xp ide drive which can get no further than the "windows did not start successfully" screen, all of the options on the screen cause it to restart. I guess this is a motherboard issue but it was working fine until it just randomly restarted itself, also I can access the BIOS and tried resetting it to defaults. Any ideas?
I really don't want to replace the mobo as I only bought this pc because it was cheap.

I have an HP Compaq dc7100 SFF desktop (Pentium 4 3ghz) with an Asus AMD radeon 5450 graphics card and 4GB of ram. If it helps I have win 8.1 and win 10 tech preview dual booted on the 1tb hard drive but the ssd contains all bootloaders and system partition.

Dunken

Reputable
Jul 27, 2015

The repair cd worked, although I can't imagine why since I used three different drives and none worked but after using repair cd it runs as normal.
Thank you anyway.

TRENDING THREADS