[SOLVED] pc restarts at the launch of a game

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
everytime i launch a game my pc restarts its only three weeks old all parts brand new

msi 6800 xt gpu 16gb 4k
amd ryzen 7 5800 cpu
1tb m.2 ssd samsung
16gb trident z ram
watercooled
6 fans including one on power supply
850wt power supply

Solution
I know this forum is for your issue, but knowing that we have a similar power supply, I think we are both having the same issue. And this has been very frustrating for me and this issue persists for a long time, but not with Valorant or Minecraft. Only with Fortnite or COD
It’s a bios update I updated my bios and all issues went away and works even better than before

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
Sounds like a bad power supply to me. Brand/make/model of power supply. Do you have another one to test it with?

Cheap power supplies can cause issues.

Check the tier list.
I went and had the power supply tested and it came back good but I did learn that my ram isn’t compatible with the CPU could that be the issue?

sonofjesse

Distinguished
What do you mean not compatible , your using DDR2 ram in a DD4 slot? Or its on on the MB list, if its not on the MB list, it means its not tested, not compatible that is a big difference.

We need a lot more details before helping.
How was the PS tested?
Do you have a better PS to try?
Exact model of RAM?
Exact model of mb and bios version?

When your asking a question, you need all the details you can provide and then some if people are trying to help over a text based medium.

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
What model exactly? There are 4. C850, E850, Hale 90 V2 850w, Hale 90 850w, Hale 82 850w.
Honestly not sure what model it was I already threw away the box and I sent the pc into a shop for maintenance I tried using my buddy’s graphics card and it still crashed I was wrong about the ram my buddy confused me on it

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
Honestly not sure what model it was I already threw away the box and I sent the pc into a shop for maintenance I tried using my buddy’s graphics card and it still crashed I was wrong about the ram my buddy confused me on it
had pc tested at a shop cause it was easier but no hardware faults were found at this point i have no clue what to do

May 7, 2021
I have the exact same issue, and I have a very similar power supply to yours. If someone could help me as well, that would be great. Also, you need to make sure that the power supply you borrowed is enough to handle the load.

Hi, I built my pc as of last year near the end of 2020, and ever since I finished the building process, I have been having issues with games such as Fortnite and COD Warzone. I am pretty confident this issue relates to my power supply and not overheating because sometimes my computer restarts immediately at launch. I also downloaded an app called Core Temp, and my CPU temperate is staying within the range of 65-70 degrees celsius before it even restarts. Some info you may need to know is that I had a Ryzen 5 5600x Vermeer CPU which was later upgraded to a Ryzen 7 5800x, and we made sure to apply more thermal paste when upgrading. Additionally, I used to have a 1660 super and that was later upgraded to a 3060ti. I also had this ongoing issue with my 1660 super, but not as much as I am having it with my 3060ti. That is the reason I am thinking it is a power supply issue. I also did verify checks for Fortnite, and scan and repair checks for COD, and have also done reinstallations many many times. In some cases, reinstallations works for Fortnite, but no hope for COD. Also, sometimes when I cap my fps high, my pc automatically restarts which also makes me think its a power supply issue. I don't think it is overheating as I said before because in some cases, it restarts immediately during launch. As for Valorant, everything works fine and I am able to play. This has been an issue for such a long time and it is very frustrating, and I am considering replacing the power supply and giving a try on that. But before I do that, I wanted to create a forum and see what others say.

Below are my specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Processor
  • Corsair H115i RGB Platinum 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video Card
  • Fractal Deisign Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case
  • NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

May 7, 2021
I have the exact same issue, and I have a very similar power supply to yours. If someone could help me as well, that would be great. Also, you need to make sure that the power supply you borrowed is enough to handle the load.

Hi, I built my pc as of last year near the end of 2020, and ever since I finished the building process, I have been having issues with games such as Fortnite and COD Warzone. I am pretty confident this issue relates to my power supply and not overheating because sometimes my computer restarts immediately at launch. I also downloaded an app called Core Temp, and my CPU temperate is staying within the range of 65-70 degrees celsius before it even restarts. Some info you may need to know is that I had a Ryzen 5 5600x Vermeer CPU which was later upgraded to a Ryzen 7 5800x, and we made sure to apply more thermal paste when upgrading. Additionally, I used to have a 1660 super and that was later upgraded to a 3060ti. I also had this ongoing issue with my 1660 super, but not as much as I am having it with my 3060ti. That is the reason I am thinking it is a power supply issue. I also did verify checks for Fortnite, and scan and repair checks for COD, and have also done reinstallations many many times. In some cases, reinstallations works for Fortnite, but no hope for COD. Also, sometimes when I cap my fps high, my pc automatically restarts which also makes me think its a power supply issue. I don't think it is overheating as I said before because in some cases, it restarts immediately during launch. As for Valorant, everything works fine and I am able to play. This has been an issue for such a long time and it is very frustrating, and I am considering replacing the power supply and giving a try on that. But before I do that, I wanted to create a forum and see what others say.

Below are my specs:
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800x 3.8 Ghz 8-Core Processor
  • Corsair H115i RGB Platinum 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
  • MSI GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8 GB VENTUS 2X OC Video Card
  • Fractal Deisign Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case
  • NZXT C 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
I know this forum is for your issue, but knowing that we have a similar power supply, I think we are both having the same issue. And this has been very frustrating for me and this issue persists for a long time, but not with Valorant or Minecraft. Only with Fortnite or COD

Captensomething

Prominent
Aug 1, 2019
It’s a bios update I updated my bios and all issues went away and works even better than before

Solution