Question PC restarts in some games (not PSU) (not overheating) (not ram)

Aug 15, 2021
My PC has been restarting in graphic intense games for the past 5-6 months, I've gotten a new case because I thought my PC was overheating and now my temps are lower and I'm still having the same issue. After doing a google search I heard that this a common PSU issue, I had the CX750m which was known to have this problem so I went and got a RMx850 and I had high hopes but it still decides to restart in graphic intense games. Another thing is this DOESNT HAPPEN IN STRESS TESTS. I did a full memtest and I got no errors. The issue is vague in windows event viewer as a kernel power error. I switched ram slots, no luck. I reset BIOS to default, updated to latest bios, and even reset cmos and no luck.

System Specs:
2070 super
i7-8700
RMx850
16gb ddr4 ram 2666mhz

Aug 15, 2021
I'm so confused, I just ran OCCT and I found that my temperatures on my CPU are hitting 100 degrees celsius, but my PC is not shutting off in the stress test.
Also I reseated the cpu cooler, and reapplied thermal paste and its still hitting it. My idle temps are 30-40. I have a noctua nh-u9s.

woot

Distinguished
I'm so confused, I just ran OCCT and I found that my temperatures on my CPU are hitting 100 degrees celsius, but my PC is not shutting off in the stress test.
Also I reseated the cpu cooler, and reapplied thermal paste and its still hitting it. My idle temps are 30-40. I have a noctua nh-u9s.
are the cpu cooling fans spinning fast enough during heavy cpu loads? check the CPU fan curves in bios.

Aug 15, 2021
eqLmIiv.jpg

woot

Distinguished
Knocked it to full speed, still hitting max temp of 99-100 during stress test
im starting to run out of ideas, other reasons cpu can overheat is poor air flow through the case (not enough exhuast fans that can create a "heat pocket"), CPU overvolting, (more power is delivered to the cpu than needed), did you overclock or tweaked the voltage recently? what is most confusing is that your idle temps are perfect, but heavy load causes overheating, usualy cooling problems or improper cpu/cpu cooler installation will cause high idle temps too.

Aug 15, 2021
Never overclocked cpu ever. I just replicated the issue of my PC restarting via OCCT power stress test. Seems like my CPU is overheating I always thought noctua cpu coolers were great I might just go to liquid cooling.

woot

Distinguished
Never overclocked cpu ever. I just replicated the issue of my PC restarting via OCCT power stress test. Seems like my CPU is overheating I always thought noctua cpu coolers were great I might just go to liquid cooling.
i doubt its a problem with the cpu cooler, i have a noctua cooler and it works great, before i had a water cooler system and trust me they have their own downsides, they are more complicated (multiple temperature sensors, pump motors), more complicated=higher chance of mulfunction/failure, pointless to get one unless you are into overclocking.

what is you cooling system set up like? is your cpu fan pushing or pulling the hot air from the cpu?