Question PC restarts itself many times during the boot up process before finally getting to Windows

Nov 23, 2019
For the last several months, when booting up my PC it regularly would beep, pause on the boot splash screen, then would restart itself before beeping again, showing splash screen again, and then carrying on with the rest of boot up before loading up Win 7. So, only one restart during boot up.

Now, however, it's cycling through the beep/splash screen many more times before continuing on and loading up Windows. Once I'm in Windows, everything works fine.

From the research I've already done, it sounds like the most likely culprits are either the MOBO or PSU. Was wondering if anyone had any other advice/suggestions about how to diagnose and/or fix. Also, I wanted to find out if swapping out the MOBO to either the exact same model or something very similar would cause problems. Would my existing system drive be able to boot up with this new swapped MOBO? Or should I expect to reinstall Win 7 on the drive to make things work properly?

CPU: INTEL | CORE I7 2600K 3.4G 8M R
MB: GIGABYTE | GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Z68 RT
RAM: 4 x 4 GB | CORSAIR CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B
SSD: SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 500GB SATA III
DVD: LG BLURAY BURNER | WH12LS30
CASE: COOLER MASTER | RC-922M-KKN1-GP BK RT
PSU: CORSAIR | CMPSU-750TX 750W RT
GPU: EVGA | GTX570 HD

Sep 5, 2019
I have the same issue, Fresh windows instal on SSD and still restarts during boot up, and some times freezes during splash screen, IDK what to do :(

32gb ram
gtx970