BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
Mobo: Asus Prime Z390a
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: i9 9900k
PSU: Thermaltake 850w Platinum
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance (4x 8GB)
SSD: 2x Sony Evo 1TB

My issues began when I attempted to auto overclock my GPU using EVGA. I started getting random BSODs all over the place. All different codes and different times. I reset my GPU back to stock but the issues still persisted. I ran a bunch of scans and tests, got help from other forums, but no one could diagnose the issue. I bit the bullet and did a full reinstall of Windows. While trying to reinstall, I got a few more BSODs but it eventually went through and I'm not back to booting into Windows. But now I have a different issue.

My PC will randomly restart itself with no warning. My PC will freeze, monitors go black, one of my fans (unsure which) kicks into high gear and then I reboot. Nothing in my tower seems to power off, all my fancy little light are still going and never turn off. Since I didnt BSOD, I have no dump. Only my Event Viewer and Reliability Monitor to go off of and I have no idea what I'm looking at there. I've monitored my temps and nothing gets crazy high when it happens, though maybe it goes through the roof right when my monitors turn off and my PC reboots.

Before my reinstall I ran all the normal tests. I ran Furmark for my GPU and it had no issues, I ran Memtest on my RAM for 8 passes and found nothing. I ran Seatools on my SSDs and Prime 95 for my CPU. The only issue I found was that after a while Prime95 would cause my PC to shutdown. My temps eventually got to 90c and forced a shutdown, but only while testing. While gaming I never got past 60 and it seems to be around 40 when these restarts happen.

Is there a way to diagnose this issue without swapping a bunch of parts out? I want to try narrowing it down before that. It's the holidays and unfortunately I dont have hundreds of dollars laying around for it. I know I can just return the stuff that doesnt change, but I still need the money just to buy it in the first place. I want to try and get as close to the issue as possible before I start doing that if at all possible.

I'm going to try running some of those tests again, if my PC stays on long enough. It seems completely random. Itll restart while idling, watching YouTube, downloading a file, copying folders etc. Theres no consistency. I'd appreciate any input there. Thanks!

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
well I personally would go into the bios and restore system defaults then restart and select proper boot devices and see if everything is working as it should hopefully that will solve the problem.
I've already tried that. I disconnected all power, removed my GPU and RAM, held the power button for 60 seconds and removed my CMOS battery. Everything has been set to default and it still randomly restarts on me.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
I guess you can't attach files on this forum? At least I don't see how. I uploaded my Event Viewer logs and my Reliability Monitor logs. Hopefully something somewhere can point to the issue.

https://www88.zippyshare.com/v/1xZa8TIe/file.html

Source
Windows

Summary
Hardware error

Date
‎12/‎9/‎2019 6:10 PM

Status
Not reported

Description
A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 193
Parameter 1: 80f
Parameter 2: ffffffffc0000017
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 0
OS version: 10_0_18363
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
WATCHDOG-20191209-1810.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
WERInternalRequest.xml
memory.csv
sysinfo.txt

^ That is one example of the error in my Reliability Monitor.

NumbrXerr0

Distinguished
BANNED
Dec 25, 2015
No one has any ideas here? It's still happening constantly. Now I'm getting BSODs. Kernel mode trap, clock watchdog timeout, whea uncorecctable error. It will also freeze my monitors ocassionally with the sound still playing.

I've tried brand new RAM in different slots and a new GPU. So I guess that narrows it down to my CPU, PSU or mobo?

Last edited:

alfredcool1

Reputable
May 18, 2016
No one has any ideas here? It's still happening constantly. Now I'm getting BSODs. Kernel mode trap, clock watchdog timeout, whea uncorecctable error. It will also freeze my monitors ocassionally with the sound still playing.

I've tried brand new RAM in different slots and a new GPU. So I guess that narrows it down to my CPU, PSU or mobo?

Did you ever solve this? My PC is doing the exact same thing and I have the same error codes as well...