Question PC restarts itself under high CPU load without BSOD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mike_jo3

Honorable
Nov 9, 2015
Hi all,

My PC sometimes just restarts by itself when I launch my warzone. I have a high suspicion that is cause by my CPU load.

CPU never goes above 80C and gpu is essentially capped at 20%. Probably because the CPU bottlenecks it. CPU load hovers around 90-100% when playing. I make sure that I close all the background app and only have warzone and discord on.

Weird thing is it survived a prime95 torture rest which I had run for around 1.5 hours without restarting.

Specs:
Z170
i5 6600k
860 evo
1080ti
Rm750i

I have a suspicion that it might be the PSU, but can’t explain why a 750w PSU is not enough to power my specs.Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Mike_jo3

Honorable
Nov 9, 2015
you could try OCCT Power Supply test......but beware it pegs everything at 100% and if your VRMs overheat or overload you could harm your system. I would only run a few min at the most, you were saying that one the game loads it reboots, so only a few min at the most should show if your having issues or not.
Occt maybe able to help use find a issue, try running a stress test on psu, then the GPU, then if they still have the option send a test through the mobo

I did a 15 minutes of Power test using OCCT and found no issues at all. Here is my results below.
Power Test result