Question Pc restarts itself when playing certain games

Dec 3, 2021
This started just yesterday. I have had this setup for nearly 2 years and never had any problems. The problem occurs when I play resource-heavy games such as Apex Legends and Halo Infinite (it doesn't happen with Dota2, CSGO and LoL so far). I go into the game, then after a couple of minutes (or sometimes 10-15 mins in) pc shuts itself off immediately (immediate black screen) and turn itself on the back again within a second. My setup-
  • Gigabyte B360 AORUS GAMING 3 WIFI Motherboard
  • Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 OC 6G
  • Intel Core i5 9600K
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition
  • Cooler Master MWE Gold 650 Full Modular PSU
  • 2x 3200 rams
What I did in the last couple of days differently;
  • I opened the case and cleaned it. It was 6 days ago though and never had any problems until yesterday
  • I OCed my graphic card higher than what I was using before (been using Afterburner for a long time). It did crash once, then I decreased the OC ratios. Not sure if this did revert everything properly
  • Updated my graphic card driver through GeForce Experience
  • Ran the kombustor stress test for 10 mins (gpu temp reached 90) and it didn't restart
Solutions I tried so far;
  1. Opened the case and checked all the cable connections if there is something loose. Couldn't find any
  2. Downloaded an old graphic card driver (dated 3 months ago) and did a clean installation (an option in the setup file)
  3. Disabled "Automatically restart" on the Start-up and Recovery tab
  4. Checked my temps with hwinfo. CPU was 51 and GPU was 57 (7080 memory clock, 2085 clock, 1935 video clock, 121 power) by the time it restarted
I am kinda losing my mind since I cannot find what causes this. Any idea?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd ask you to try and source a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor, one that can delivery at least 650W of power to the entire system to try and rule out the PSU being the issue. As for your build, I wish you invested in a Z370/390 motherboard since the K suffix processor is loosing out on it's potential, same story with your rams, they're running at DDR4-2666MHz.

Which BIOS version are you currently on for the motherboard? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on?

Dec 3, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I'd ask you to try and source a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor, one that can delivery at least 650W of power to the entire system to try and rule out the PSU being the issue. As for your build, I wish you invested in a Z370/390 motherboard since the K suffix processor is loosing out on it's potential, same story with your rams, they're running at DDR4-2666MHz.

Which BIOS version are you currently on for the motherboard? What version(not edition) of Windows 10(assuming you're not on Windows 11) are you on?

Hi, thanks! I realised way too late that the motherboard was not the best one. I just updated the bios, so it is the last version, and yes, windows 10