[SOLVED] PC restarts mostly at 2 different times

Mar 22, 2019
First off thanks for the help if anybody can provide some. I am getting extremely frustrated with this random start of events and am at my end of trying to deal with it.

Setup:
CPU - AMD Ryzan 7 1800x
CPU cooler - Corsair H100 I v2
MOBO - Gigabyte GA-AX370-k5
VID card - Asus Rog gtx 1080 - A8G - gaming 8GB
Ram - Corsair vengeance LPX 16gb 2x8 sticks DDR4
PSU - RAM'd a Corsair RM650x and went up to a EVGA supernova 1000 P2
HDD - Seagate barracuda 7200

Issue started a couple of weeks ago when I started it up after turning it off for vacation and all of a sudden it restarted after the bios/MB screen options right before windows login/pin screen. Oddly after time and trying things there are only 2 time that are the major times it will restart. Right at that point before windows login or when I am starting up a game(division 2). So very weird thing with this issue is once and if i get into windows, it has absolutely 0 issue doing anything basic just at desktop/surfing web/watching streams/talking in VOIP etc etc. It tends to be specifically at startup it will crash or when I am loading up D2.

I have been trying to play a bunch of division 2 lately but this restart issue makes it pretty tough. To note, when it restarts the vid card will flash red and white led back and forth between the 2, ive been trying to research this to see if it means anything but so far it doesn't from what i can find.

Things I've tried so far:
Replaced CPU cooler
Replaced PSU from 650 to the 1000
Re-seated CPU after new CPU cooler
Re-seated Vid card multiple times
Fresh completely clean install of vid card drivers
general dusting/cleaning
Watching temps, don't seem to be an issue at all
Watching volts - really thought this could have been the problem which is why I went to a new PSU based off past reading but on both PSU my 12v and 5v were all consistent

I am sure I have done other things just so beyond annoyed. Thanks for any insight.

Solution
I am guessing the motherboard is failing. This kind of random BSOD crashes is like my ryzen boards that did the same type of problematic behavior. It poort quality control on these Ryzen boards, and it doesn't seem to matter which brand either. 3 times on 3 different system I had to replace the mobo and then the problems went away for good. But that is like a 50% fail rate, 3 out of 6.
Mar 22, 2019
Edit - Restarts not retarts in title

To be clear - the restarts only happen sometimes at each of those points. Last night and occasionally i can be on and playing D2 for hours and won't have a problem. Its very random when doing those things it happens.

nobspls

Reputable
Mar 14, 2018
I am guessing the motherboard is failing. This kind of random BSOD crashes is like my ryzen boards that did the same type of problematic behavior. It poort quality control on these Ryzen boards, and it doesn't seem to matter which brand either. 3 times on 3 different system I had to replace the mobo and then the problems went away for good. But that is like a 50% fail rate, 3 out of 6.

Solution