[SOLVED] PC restarts multiple times before reaching login screen

YAYNEWCARD

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2014
Hi All,

Sorry if this is not the right place to post, but my PC has been behaving really strange lately. Once I press the power button, it goes through a series of reboots, I see the mother board logo, it loads for a bit and then monitor shows "No Signal" and it happens all over again

This continues for 3-4 times, sometimes even longer and when it finally boots everything works just fine

Here are the specs if it helps:

Ryzen 5 3500

16GB 3200

RX580

1TB WD Blue

B450M Pro M2 Max motherboard

Thanks for any help in advance

Solution
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case. (Get help if you are not comfortable doing so on your own.)

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. They do loosen up over time just on their own due to expansion, contraction, and vibrations.

Hopefully the problem is just a loose connection while the PC is cold. After the reboots things have warmed up enough to cause expansion and the loose connection is "tightened".

Reseat everything to determine if that makes a difference.

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Disk drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case. (Get help if you are not comfortable doing so on your own.)

Clean out dust and debris.

Verify by sight and feel that all connectors, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. They do loosen up over time just on their own due to expansion, contraction, and vibrations.

Hopefully the problem is just a loose connection while the PC is cold. After the reboots things have warmed up enough to cause expansion and the loose connection is "tightened".

Reseat everything to determine if that makes a difference.

Solution