PC restarts on power spike though having UPS

Jul 22, 2018
I have a desktop PC configured with corsair vs650, R9 280X graphics card, ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 mother board, FX 8350 processor, 250 SSD and 1TB hard disk, 16GB RAM. Along with this i have 1000va UPS. Whenever the power fluctuation happens, sometimes my PC gets restarted. I don't see any issue while I was trying to run the PC with UPS backup by switching off the main supply. when i turn on/off the main supply my pc gets restarted sometimes. I tried voltage stabilizer as well by keeping in front off the UPS. Still no luck. Please help me to solve this, as it might lead my PC into bad condition and loosing my unsaved data.

Solution
Again, what is the make and model of the ups?

With that, you can check to see what kind of sine wave it puts out. Simulated will not work right with your psu since it has PFC protection.
First, I didn't understand everything you said such as "switching off the main supply" and "stabilizer..." ?

*however, if your UPS is creating an approximated "step" sinewave not a well formed sinewave then any PSU with a PFC circuit (which all 80+ rated PSU's must have) will not be able to use the power that the UPS is sending the PC.

Cyberpower has "PFC" in the name of some models for that reason.

Jul 22, 2018

Thanks for your reply. These term "main supply" that i mentioned refers the power switch to the entire house. The stabilizer refers the voltage stabilizer (i bought monitor stabilizer from amazon india) for avoiding power fluctuation.