Question PC restarts randomly, and CPU light comes on (R3 2200g)

Dec 29, 2019
Basically I built my PC near the end of February of 2019, and it has been running fine until December of 2019. The main concerning issue is, my PC randomly crashes. I am not quite sure what it could be. I will be watching Youtube or playing video games and then my PC's screen will suddenly go black, the EZ Debug CPU light will come on, and then the screen will stay black for about 30 seconds. During these 30 seconds, the EZ Debug CPU led will stay on until the PC decides to restart (after the 30s). My PC will then turn back on, slightly slower then usual, and then allow me to use it again, until it decides to restart again. The times between restarts are non linear, and are incredibly sporadic.

I have tried to read up about this online, but I have not found anyone who has had similar problems as me yet. For reference, my build consists of an MSI B350 PC MATE motherboard, a Ryzen 3 2200g CPU, a Cooler master Hyper T2 54.8 CFM CPU cooler, 2x8GB Gskill Aegis DDR4 3000 memory, 500W EVGA ATX 80+ PSU, and a Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 ti Windforce oc GPU. Previously I had a Gigabyte GeForce GT 1030 2Gb OC, and the stock cooler that came with my r3. I had only changed the cool and the graphics card about a month ago so I do not know if that might have something to do with it or not.

Starcruiser

Honorable
The first thing I would do is undo any overclocking, including xmp for the memory. Set everything back to stock. A bios reset is the easy way.

Your power supply is uncomfortably close to its limit with the new gpu. As it ages, it's going to have less peak power. Also, it will need at least 26 amps on the 12v rail(s).

Dec 29, 2019
The first thing I would do is undo any overclocking, including xmp for the memory. Set everything back to stock. A bios reset is the easy way.

Your power supply is uncomfortably close to its limit with the new gpu. As it ages, it's going to have less peak power. Also, it will need at least 26 amps on the 12v rail(s).

Alright so I have preformed some further testing and I have finally come across a pattern. For reference I will call each time I use my computer (the time I turn it on, to when I turn it off), a "session". It seems as though that my PC will only forcibly restart once every session. This may sometimes happen after about 20 minuites of use, or after about an hour. However I have come up with an idea to see whether or not the forcible restart will occur after I myself have willingly restarted my PC. Currently I am still testing this theory, but it seems as though if I go to the Windows start menu, and restart my PC from there, it will not forcibly restart later on when I am doing something important. I have also managed to find a more suitable title for my question "My PC randomly restarts once every use, and the CPU debug light comes on". This is actually very good news, due to there being a lot of information online about this very sort of problem. I thank yo for your advice Starcruiser, and I will keep it in mind in case the situation evolves into something else, but for now I think I am close to finding the answer to my problem. Don't worry, I will post about the solution if I do manage to find it myself.

Edit: Sorry if it feels like you are reading an essay, I don't really talk like this, just school has managed to ingrain this sort of "talking" into my head whenever I am writing something even slightly formal.

TRENDING THREADS