Question PC Restarts Randomly (black screen and restarts)

Jayj2000

Commendable
Jul 28, 2019
My pc randomly restarts, this could be 30 minutes from boot or up to 6 hours from boot its very random. It gets more frequent after it has happened for the first time in that day if i continue to persist using it. But it occurs mostly when im recording videos of my ps5 thought pcie capture card (which is only using 40% GPU and 20% CPU) or rendering videos which isn't such a light task but temps are still solid. I record full gameplays so you can imagine my stress when ive been recording for 4 hours and my pc restarts. Ive had this issue ever since I built the pc nearly 2 years ago but i didn't use the pc that much until i started creating content recently so i just lived with the problem until now.

Ok so all temperatures are good (CPU 65 - 70C Under Load & GPU 67C Under Load) in the past these are the things i have tried to fix the problem to no avail:
  • Fresh windows install
  • Swapped GPU
  • Changed Advanced Power Settings to balanced and min processor state to 5%.
  • Turning off xmp.
  • Reseating all cables.
  • Reinstalling all drivers.
Things I have noticed (that may or may not be useful).
  • Not sure if this normal but hdd makes a strange noise from time to time.
  • Disk checks say all drives are healthy.
  • In Event Viewer I just get kernal power critical error every time it restarts (event id 41).
  • Issue gets worse after every restart.
PC SPECS:

R5 3600
hyper212 evo
2x8gb patriot viper steel @3200mhz (xmp profile)
Asrock b450m pro4-f
Gigabyte Gaming OC RTX 3060 Ti
EVGA Supernova 650w g+
Coolermaster nr400 w/dd

Jayj2000

Commendable
Jul 28, 2019
I just formatted all drives and installed windows 11 and its still restarting on its own randomly. I also ran memtest and got no errors. Im going to try a different psu, rebuild the pc and checkover the motherboard. I will keep the thread updated.