[SOLVED] Pc restarts randomly but not in safe mode

Jan 23, 2019
Hello guys, My old pc restart randomly, more likely on gaming. This is freshly installed os and I install a driver that is old for stable performance (I don't know if this is true). When i go to safe mode, it won't restart.

Also my thoughts was the PSU, I had 3 PSU , one is used on my main pc, one is for this pc and the other one is stuck but used for a far days. The pc using 500w psu, I replace it with 550w psu it doesn't restart but sometimes the monitor goes blackout for 2-3 seconds and if this happen it still continually go blackout for 2 - 3 seconds, i haven't used the psu of my main pc for reason may it result to destroy and avoid warrantly.

Could it be Power shortage?

SPECIFICATION :
RAM : 8gb DDR3 1600mhz
CPU : Phenom ii x4 B55
GPU : GTX 660 (Need 6 pin)
PSU : ATX Power Supply win-500pe and 550
MOB : N68-S UCC
HDD : 500gb WD Blue

Was going to upgrade this CPU and MOBO in febuary and this happen.

Solution
Safe mode is a clue.
It runs windows with minimal drivers.
That would include the nvidia graphics drivers.

If you have installed the current GTX660 drivers, that would tend to exclude the graphics drivers as a cause.
Under load, a graphics card uses more power and I suspect that a power supply might be the cause.

Best if you can test with a known good QUALITY psu.

Safe mode is a clue.
It runs windows with minimal drivers.
That would include the nvidia graphics drivers.

If you have installed the current GTX660 drivers, that would tend to exclude the graphics drivers as a cause.
Under load, a graphics card uses more power and I suspect that a power supply might be the cause.

Best if you can test with a known good QUALITY psu.

Solution
Jan 23, 2019

I hasn't mention that I tried the very latest driver once before I did re installed the OS, and It did happen also on the latest one, also I did not mention that it happen when I tried to set memory clock speed to 1600mhz because it used auto before, and did tried low GPU which is gt 730 and this doesn't happen. Maybe it because that the gpu of gt 730 doesn't need much power ? I will try a new PSU soon.