Question PC restarts randomly during gaming

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,

I have an issue with my PC and maybe somebody has an idea why it happens. The computer just randomly shuts down during gaming and turns back straight away. No error message. Usually it happens like once a day, after the PC restarts and I start the game again it runs for hours without any issue. But next day the same happens. I tried to do stress test and benchmarks but it didn't shut it down. No overheating, the CPU stops around 80 C, the GPU around 70 C. I reinstalled the windows, it has the newest drivers. I took it aparts and moved every cable, changed the thermal paste on CPU, swapped the RAMs around.
This is the spec of the PC:
Intel i5 8600K
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 4 CPU cooler
Nvidia GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8Gb DDR4 2666 Mhz
MSI Z370-A Pro motherboard
EVGA Supernova G3 650W

If somebody has any idea please share with me.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If the system reboots when taxed, it can be for mainly two reasons. They can be:
a| the PSU is incapable of powering the entire system when taxed
or
b| the system is having a thermal problem(overheating)

What game did you tax the system with to cause the reboot? Does the same issue crop up other titles or just one or two? By stress testing, what app did you use to stress the system? What OS version are you on(assuming you're on Windows 10)? What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? How old is the PSU in your build?

Apr 3, 2021
Hi,

This happens with different games. Right now I'm playing with satisfactory but before it was doing the same with call of duty warzone for example, Dirt 2 many more.
For stress testing I used different ones, latest what I tried is the OCCT, I didn't see any power issue or drop, the temperature didn't go over 80 C. I just cleaned the computer, moved all the wires, changed the thermal paste. With stress test or benchmark test never turned off. Only with games.
I didn't update the bios, but I give a try now. I have this version. https://ibb.co/HFM92xq
My GPU doing this buzzing noise, coil whine. I'm not sure if that cause this issue. I changed the FPS in the game, and it got better and didn't shut down for a day, but today again shutting down. SO I dont't know.
My PSU is 3 years old.

May 19, 2020
Hi,

I have an issue with my PC and maybe somebody has an idea why it happens. The computer just randomly shuts down during gaming and turns back straight away. No error message. Usually it happens like once a day, after the PC restarts and I start the game again it runs for hours without any issue. But next day the same happens. I tried to do stress test and benchmarks but it didn't shut it down. No overheating, the CPU stops around 80 C, the GPU around 70 C. I reinstalled the windows, it has the newest drivers. I took it aparts and moved every cable, changed the thermal paste on CPU, swapped the RAMs around.
This is the spec of the PC:
Intel i5 8600K
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo 4 CPU cooler
Nvidia GTX 1080
Corsair Vengeance 2 x 8Gb DDR4 2666 Mhz
MSI Z370-A Pro motherboard
EVGA Supernova G3 650W

If somebody has any idea please share with me.
I have a similar issue! My computer has been fine up until a week ago and i have no idea what the issue is. My computer has been running fine for years until now :/

Thepersonwhoneedshelp

Commendable
Jun 29, 2019
Hi,

This happens with different games. Right now I'm playing with satisfactory but before it was doing the same with call of duty warzone for example, Dirt 2 many more.
For stress testing I used different ones, latest what I tried is the OCCT, I didn't see any power issue or drop, the temperature didn't go over 80 C. I just cleaned the computer, moved all the wires, changed the thermal paste. With stress test or benchmark test never turned off. Only with games.
I didn't update the bios, but I give a try now. I have this version. https://ibb.co/HFM92xq
My GPU doing this buzzing noise, coil whine. I'm not sure if that cause this issue. I changed the FPS in the game, and it got better and didn't shut down for a day, but today again shutting down. SO I dont't know.
My PSU is 3 years old.
I have a similar issue! My computer has been fine up until a week ago and i have no idea what the issue is. My computer has been running fine for years until now :/
Same for me I crash a lot mid-game and not it has started to crash when I launch the video game. Let me know If you have found a solution yet.

TRENDING THREADS