[SOLVED] PC restarts randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 9, 2021
Hello, I don't know where to post my question because I don't know the source of the problem so I posted it here.

My PC suddenly restarts randomly as a result of random operations on it (like opening a certain game, watching any Youtube video with a duration greater than 1 hr, progressing to a certain point in a game [Warhammer Vermintide 2], or other random operations I couldn't pinpoint) and always restart because or them.

Changing the RAM, processor with similar models didn't solve the issue, instead it made the PC restart at other random set of operations I couldn't pinpoint their sources; Also reinstalling Windows 10 didn't work.

Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

My PC specs are:
● AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
● MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
● Patriot Viper Steel Series 2x8GB 3200MHz
● 450W PSU Gigabyte 80 Plus Bronze
● 256GB SSD Patriot
● Windows 10 Pro

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

450W PSU Gigabyte 80 Plus Bronze
Gigabyte is the brand of the unit while 450W is the wattage, it does not state the model of the PSU. To add, Gigabyte PSU's aren't something I'd call a PSU, regardless of how much power your entire system needs.

Windows 10 Pro
Where did you source the installer for the OS? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the time of writing?

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

BIOS version for your motherboard at the time of writing?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

450W PSU Gigabyte 80 Plus Bronze
Gigabyte is the brand of the unit while 450W is the wattage, it does not state the model of the PSU. To add, Gigabyte PSU's aren't something I'd call a PSU, regardless of how much power your entire system needs.

Windows 10 Pro
Where did you source the installer for the OS? What version of Windows 10 are you on at the time of writing?

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

Solution
Jul 9, 2021
Windows 10 Pro
I downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft official website before using it to create a bootable USB flash drive each time before directly installing it.

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650G
MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX

The BIOS version/date is American Megatrends International, LLC. 3.B0, 5/12/2021
I got it from system information.

Sorry for the late reply, I was trying installing my current copy of Windows 10 on my laptop and I didn't encounter any random error to date.

When someone posts and says they have a problem with random restarts or the PC shutting down, it is impossible to offer proper help without knowing the exact model of the power supply.

You're going to need to open the case and look, because random restarts are often a sign of a dying power supply. With the parts you've changed, there's a reasonable chance your power supply may be failing. Either that or the board itself, I know which one is easier to replace.

Jul 9, 2021
When someone posts and says they have a problem with random restarts or the PC shutting down, it is impossible to offer proper help without knowing the exact model of the power supply.

You're going to need to open the case and look, because random restarts are often a sign of a dying power supply. With the parts you've changed, there's a reasonable chance your power supply may be failing. Either that or the board itself, I know which one is easier to replace.
The Build is 20 days old and all the components are new.

I replaced the RAM with another model (ADATA gammix d20 2x8GB) and since then there has been no random restarts or crashes.
Apparently there's some type of incompatibility between the RAM model and the dedicated graphics card or between the RAM and the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.