[SOLVED] PC restarts rarely and randomly at certain times the instant I load into a game

poodude28

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2014
It's really weird, I figure it's the power supply but I don't think it is or this issue would be happening every time. Essentially, the literal instant I load into a game the PC restarts itself. I've watched GPU-Z and everything appears to be fine. It doesn't happen every time either it is kind of rare but it's pretty annoying when it happens.

Here's my system
GTX 1660 Super
i5 3470
12GB RAM
550 Watt power supply

I did recently upgrade to the 1660 Super and a 500GB SSD and it seems to be when the problem started, but I swear it didn't start until like 2 weeks after getting it. I've been told that amount of wattage is fine, so it must be something else. It is just the most baffling thing that it doesn't happen every time I load into something and the fact that it happens the instant I load in is even weirder. Game doesn't seem to matter, it's happened on Fallout 4, Warhammer 2, and even WoW with it's low power consumption which is why I think it isn't the power supply. These games are fine again after the problem happens.

--- SOLVED --- I changed from ASUS Optimal in the bios into normal.

Last edited:

poodude28

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2014
What power supply is it exactly?

And what resolution are you playing at? That processor is a bottleneck for that GPU.
It's only a 3% bottleneck, I've been watching it. Just doing 1080p gaming. I don't remember what brand and stuff the PSU is, I probably got it like 3 or 4 years ago so it may very well be dying. It's like I said though, it's a somewhat rare occurence. It is just very weird how it happens the VERY instant loading finishes lol. Before things can even reach their peak.

Last edited: