Question PC restarts repeatedly, does not detect any peripherals after BSOD

Nov 15, 2021
Hello!

After running with no issues for a few months, my PC recently had a BSoD (error code: Clock watchdog timeout). After restarting, the components spun to life, but only stayed that way for ~20s before restarting itself again. No peripherals are detected, so I can't interact with the BIOS to see what's up. I have tried reseating the RAM, removing and re-insterting the CMOS battery, and switching to a different power supply, to no avail.

I tried taking my RAM in that computer and switching it to a different PC. That PC then got the same problem, which persisted even after putting the original RAM back in. I suspect that this is a RAM problem, but I'm not sure what.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory: 2x 16GB Oloy Warhawk Platinum DDR4 3600MHz
GPU: Radeon RX570
Motherboard: ASRock B450 Pro4
PSU: EVGA 450BT

Thanks for the help!

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Hello!
switching to a different power supply, to no avail.
PSU: EVGA 450BT is this new or old and what was old if not this one? =maker+model+wattage.

I tried taking my RAM in that computer and switching it to a different PC. That PC then got the same problem, which persisted even after putting the original RAM back in. I suspect that this is a RAM problem, but I'm not sure what.
May be some incompatibility or just ram being bad, just return this and get another kit. Oloy is quite a new brand new so maybe get a kit form Crucial, G.Skill or Corsair.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS