[SOLVED] PC restarts three times before booting

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
i recently upgraded mt bios on my MB to support 3rd gen ryzen (AX370 Gaming 3) to F40 not the latest but i cant update to the latest til i updated to F40. I then tryed to upgrade my amd chipset drivers and i think it completed, didnt say nothing just rebooted my PC. Now my corsair ram runs at 2133 MHZ than the 3200 MHZ its listed for and if i enable XMP and use easy tune (gigabytes software to overclock) and bring my ram back up to 3200 it takes three reboots to start my computer and some time. Now running at 2133 seems to completely fix the issue, What are my options? (My ram is also in the wrong slots, the second dual channel slot cause the first is blocked by my CPU cooler)

Solution
Yes, I would. Those desktop bundled utilities are nothing but problems bundled as software. Doesn't matter if it's ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI, all the bundled softwares are putrid IMO.

I would update to the latest BIOS version, following whatever steps are necessary including updating to prior versions if specified, and then try XMP again WITH Easy tune uninstalled first.

Unfortunately, none of this may matter because according to Corsair those sticks are not officially compatible with that board. The only CL16 3200mhz two DIMM kit Corsair shows as being compatible with that board are these:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

What CPU are you currently running in this...
Three restarts is a memory training problem. Do not use Easy tune. Simply enable the XMP profile in the BIOS, save settings and restart.

The correct slots are the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. The 1st and 3rd are the secondary slots. You want yours in the two red slots. That is the same as for ALL dual channel DDR4 motherboards and ALL but the very oldest DDR3 motherboards, and even most of those.

Make sure they are in the two red slots.

Also, this may well be a compatibility issue. What is the EXACT model of your memory kit?

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018
Three restarts is a memory training problem. Do not use Easy tune. Simply enable the XMP profile in the BIOS, save settings and restart.

The correct slots are the A2 and B2 slots, which are the second and fourth slots over from the CPU socket. The 1st and 3rd are the secondary slots. You want yours in the two red slots. That is the same as for ALL dual channel DDR4 motherboards and ALL but the very oldest DDR3 motherboards, and even most of those.

Also, this may well be a compatibility issue. What is the EXACT model of your memory kit?
My ram is indeed in the two red slots
my ram is this set
https://www.amazon.com/CORSAIR-Vengeance-3200MHz-Desktop-Memory/dp/B07D5SN1ZK

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

Just did exactly what you said, disabled easy tune by setting my ram at 2133 and enabled xmp but now the ram stays at 2133

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

Oh gosh i think easy tune is now setting my ram at 2133, there is no turn off button... im going to uninstall it?

Yes, I would. Those desktop bundled utilities are nothing but problems bundled as software. Doesn't matter if it's ASUS, ASRock, Gigabyte, MSI, all the bundled softwares are putrid IMO.

I would update to the latest BIOS version, following whatever steps are necessary including updating to prior versions if specified, and then try XMP again WITH Easy tune uninstalled first.

Unfortunately, none of this may matter because according to Corsair those sticks are not officially compatible with that board. The only CL16 3200mhz two DIMM kit Corsair shows as being compatible with that board are these:

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Memory/VENGEANCE-LPX/p/CMK16GX4M2Z3200C16

What CPU are you currently running in this motherboard?

Solution

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

Ryzen 7 1700

rjcard32315

Commendable
Jul 29, 2018

Alright I uninstalled easy tune and easy tune service in control panel. I then went to my bios and reset all my bios settings, enabled XMP left it at auto and saved my changes. My ram is now running stable at 3200 mhz with the new bios update (F40) It was easy tune that was messing up my ram I suppose. It worked in previous bios versions so I assumed it would work again. I didn’t know all you had to do was enable XMP to get the speed so I though easy tune was easier. Since I’m not unstable I’m not going to update my motherboard anymore due to risks and future problems that might come. Im gonna leave it at that. Thanks for you help I appreciate it.