Question PC restarts under heavy load with new PSU

Jul 21, 2019
I've been having issues with seemingly random restarts, but I've been able to get consistency in them from stressing the CPU for too long, or stresssing the PSU for like 5 seconds. Everything on Google pointed to PSU issues, so I got a new one, but the problem persists.

Specs:

Intel i5-4690K, no OC
GIGABYTE Z97MX-Gaming 5
BIOS: F4
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
16GB RAM, memtest came back no errors.
256GB SSD for boot, 4TB HDD as primary for applications, 1TB HDD as backup, currently blank

Any help is much appreciated!

Jul 21, 2019
Figured I'd update. I've been messing with it more in-depth these past few hours. I tested another PSU, and the problem went away. I reconnected all my components to my raidmax PSU and ran the tests again, with no errors. Now, instead of losing power, the pc gave randomly gave a whea_uncorrectable_error. I Googled that too, and got a suggestion to disable OC, which seems to have worked. Now, instead of a BSOD, I get random hard lockups. Happens once maybe every 15 mins. Signs pointing more and more at motherboard... What's my next step?

Jul 21, 2019
the other PSU can't power my GPU, I don't have a PCIE cable for it (long story) so it's not the same conditions. Also, the mouse and applications don't lock up at the same time. Doesn't seem to be a power issue anymore, unless it's not outputting enough to the drives or something, but I tested the PSU's voltage and it was fine.

Edit: Other PSU is Corsair CX550M, I only have the MB cables and one SATA power cable peripheral

Edit 2: Currently going to leave an RTC on my monitor as well as a medium load in the background to see what time it crashes next.

Jul 21, 2019
Another update. Been running fine with modded Minecraft running as a medium load. Never locked up, never even stuttered. I'm crazy confused but happy I quess. Anyone know what was going on and what I might have done to fix it?