Aug 24, 2015
My System:
FX8350 Stock Clocks with a Hyper 412S
GTX970 Strix No OC
16GB 4x4 HyperX Savage
990FX Fatality Motherboard
Inter Tech Argus 620W PSU
1TB WD Blue

This never occurred until today. So i got The Crew 2 today and i after i downlloaded it i instantly jumped into it and ran it on max settings no problem through the Prolouge then when i got to the Car dealer my whole PC rebooted without no signs of causing it, Then i decided its something random didnt think about it much then i rebooted the game. This time i managed to get a car and it rebooted again. The third time i decided to go in with MSI Afterburner and watch the temps, CPU Was sitting at 45*C and the GPU was at 65-68*C which instantly gave me hope since i knew it wasnt the parts's fault. Then i opened Furmark and started a Ultra test it ran fine for about 2 minutes then at the point of 70*c on the GPU it rebooted again. And when i got my 970 i stress tested it. it reached 74*c with no sweat but that was 4 months ago and now i guess its either the card dying or the PSU. I Tried moving the RAM to different slots but still happens. Im really pointing towards a PSU issue, since its a really off brand (i dont have another one to test) i dont know but it lasted me for about 1.5 years maybe the time has come for it. Would you recommend this PSU for my system ? http://www.coolermaster.com/powersupply/enthusiast-v-series/v650/

Solution
My first thoughts go to the PSU and temps when a PC dies under load.....and your temps seem OK.

See if you can monitor the voltages while running furmark.

You can usually get the 5V and 12V off an unused plug.....or even HWMonitor will give you some voltages but not all. I've even shaved a little insulation off to get voltages but only when all else fails.

Or just change the PSU and try it.
My first thoughts go to the PSU and temps when a PC dies under load.....and your temps seem OK.

See if you can monitor the voltages while running furmark.

You can usually get the 5V and 12V off an unused plug.....or even HWMonitor will give you some voltages but not all. I've even shaved a little insulation off to get voltages but only when all else fails.

Or just change the PSU and try it.

Solution