[SOLVED] PC Restarts when Launching Games

Jun 8, 2021
My computer restarts upon launching certain games. The two games that have the issue are Warzone and Apex Legends.
I play many other games just fine, and my PC never crashes/restarts unexpectedly when gaming even for long periods of time. Nothing is overheating - I have watched my temperatures.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
32 GB DDR4
1080 Ti
1000+w PSU (I think it's 1250W if I remember correctly, I built this PC a VERY long time ago but I know it has extremely high wattage as I planned on running multiple GPUs back then)

I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU (I was using Intel before), I'm not sure if this can be a cause of the issue? I never tried playing these games before then and this was a few months ago, so I don't think it correlates but thought I should note this.
Also, I am using a 49 inch monitor, I thought maybe since the resolution is really weird it could be causing crashes, but I have tried launching in windowed mode.
One last note, both of these games are installed on a new SSD I installed recently as my other drives are out of space. I'm going to try reinstalling Apex on a different drive and see if the issue still occurs. I will update back when I can test this theory out.

I greatly appreciate any support! I've been trying to fix this issue for days and it's giving me quite the headache.

Solution
If the temperatures are fine i would start looking from the PSU. You did not mentioned the exact model of the PSU. There are high quality and low quality PSU's so just the wattage means nothing. 1000-1250W are overkill for this system but after this long time the PSU's can fail. A Corsair TX850W PSU i had couldnt provide enough power at a max 350W system after 4-5 years of use.
New install of Windows after change?
How long ago is a very long time ago? The components inside a PSU degrade with time and are no longer able to carry the same load that they did when they were new. Just because it's rated for 1250W doesn't mean anything. It is still just as vulnerable to degradation as a cheaper PSU. You can't just dismiss...
My computer restarts upon launching certain games. The two games that have the issue are Warzone and Apex Legends.
I play many other games just fine, and my PC never crashes/restarts unexpectedly when gaming even for long periods of time. Nothing is overheating - I have watched my temperatures.

Specs:
Ryzen 7 5800x
32 GB DDR4
1080 Ti
1000+w PSU (I think it's 1250W if I remember correctly, I built this PC a VERY long time ago but I know it has extremely high wattage as I planned on running multiple GPUs back then)

I recently replaced my motherboard and CPU (I was using Intel before), I'm not sure if this can be a cause of the issue? I never tried playing these games before then and this was a few months ago, so I don't think it correlates but thought I should note this.
Also, I am using a 49 inch monitor, I thought maybe since the resolution is really weird it could be causing crashes, but I have tried launching in windowed mode.
One last note, both of these games are installed on a new SSD I installed recently as my other drives are out of space. I'm going to try reinstalling Apex on a different drive and see if the issue still occurs. I will update back when I can test this theory out.

I greatly appreciate any support! I've been trying to fix this issue for days and it's giving me quite the headache.
If the temperatures are fine i would start looking from the PSU. You did not mentioned the exact model of the PSU. There are high quality and low quality PSU's so just the wattage means nothing. 1000-1250W are overkill for this system but after this long time the PSU's can fail. A Corsair TX850W PSU i had couldnt provide enough power at a max 350W system after 4-5 years of use.

Jun 8, 2021
It's a XFX Pro 1250w.
I don't think it's a PSU issue, it seems more like a software issue or something. It doesn't make sense to me why games even more intensive than these two that are having issues run just fine - my PC can be at extreme load and no issues occur. However, when I try launching these two games (which put almost no load on the system, mostly because they never even actually launch), it restarts.

Joseph_138

Distinguished
How long ago is a very long time ago? The components inside a PSU degrade with time and are no longer able to carry the same load that they did when they were new. Just because it's rated for 1250W doesn't mean anything. It is still just as vulnerable to degradation as a cheaper PSU. You can't just dismiss it as a possibility. If the PSU is failing, you could end up losing your whole motherboard, CPU or video card if it send a voltage surge into your components before it dies completely.

Jun 8, 2021
New install of Windows after change?
How long ago is a very long time ago? The components inside a PSU degrade with time and are no longer able to carry the same load that they did when they were new. Just because it's rated for 1250W doesn't mean anything. It is still just as vulnerable to degradation as a cheaper PSU. You can't just dismiss it as a possibility. If the PSU is failing, you could end up losing your whole motherboard, CPU or video card if it send a voltage surge into your components before it dies completely.
Thanks for the replies guys. I updated my BIOS and everything is working as it should be now.

Solution