Question PC restarts when opening game

Jul 2, 2021
Hi y’all

I have recently been encountering a problem with my GPU. For some reasons every time I load into a game , the screen display goes black and the fans on the GPU speed up to 110%. The only way to use the PC again is to either hard reset it on the case or shut down and turn on again.

i have troubleshoot the following :

• Reinstall Drivers through DDU
  • New windows drive
  • cleaned the case with compress air just in case of dust build up.
  • Played with underclocking the gpu just in case PSU wasn’t enough power and set a few power management Setting.

it’s a very strange case and from I can tell not many people have had this problem . Any advice or suggestions to fix would be greatly appreciated.

PC SPECS

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU - ASUS RTX 2060S
PSU - Corsair 750W Bronzo 80+
MOBO- Gigabyte Aurus B550 AX

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Age of the PSU in the build? Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 750W is the wattage of the unit. t doesn't stat the model of the unit. Did you install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, manually, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? BIOS version for your motherboard? You might want to source a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a 650W unit to rule out your PSU being faulty/.failing.

Can you mention the titles you're trying to tax the system with? Where did you source the games from?

Jul 2, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Age of the PSU in the build? Corsair is the brand of the PSU while 750W is the wattage of the unit. t doesn't stat the model of the unit. Did you install all relevant drivers for your platform in an elevated command, manually, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator? BIOS version for your motherboard? You might want to source a reliably built PSU from a friend or neighbor who owns a 650W unit to rule out your PSU being faulty/.failing.

Can you mention the titles you're trying to tax the system with? Where did you source the games from?
Hey thanks for the reply ; all updates needed to make have been made apart from windows update as it won’t let me update this. Bios is up to date as are all drivers . The titles I tried to play are Batman Arkham knight and cod : warzone. These where all legitimate purchased from steam .
I highly think it’s a gpu problem. Unfortunately I don’t have a spare PSU to borrow.