Mar 19, 2019
I've set up a new pc last month with the following specs:
  • intel i5 8400
  • Asus ROG Strix B360-H gaming
  • 8GB Trident Z RGB - G.Skill
  • GTX 1050 Ti
  • Crucial Bx500 240GB
  • Silverstone Strider Essential ST50F-ES230 500W 80+
The problem is my pc restarts when I'm playing Dota 2, it only started last Sunday. No poblem if I'm watching movies or browsing. I'm not sure if this is a PSU issue but I tried playing without using the gpu and my pc did not restart. I tried running Heaven benchmark and the results are okay.

PSU is new while GPU is 1 year old. GPU driver is updated, latest BIOS update is installed.

Also, sometimes I feel a light electric shock when touching parts of the case but not all the time.

Last edited:
Solution
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Silverstone/ST50F-ES/11.html

While not a performance king, your unit isn't a bad one. And you are only asking it to power a 1050ti so unless your unit has gone bad it shouldn't be a power issue. I would try gaming again while watching your rails and see if any get to low before buying a new psu. The CX550 is similar to your current psu. Not a great psu, but will get the job done while not burning your house down.

4745454b

Titan
He said it ran fine if he wasn't gaming. If it was a standoff issue it wouldn't boot.

Crashes under load are usually heat or voltage issues. I would game and monitor both. Perhaps the cpu is getting too hot, or the psu can't output the power needed.

Mar 19, 2019
He said it ran fine if he wasn't gaming. If it was a standoff issue it wouldn't boot.

Crashes under load are usually heat or voltage issues. I would game and monitor both. Perhaps the cpu is getting too hot, or the psu can't output the power needed.

monitored the temp while gaming CPU temp is around 40-60 C while GPU is around 50-70 C only. So this most likely is PSU issue. Is Corsair CX550M 80+ bronze a good replacement?

4745454b

Titan
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Silverstone/ST50F-ES/11.html

While not a performance king, your unit isn't a bad one. And you are only asking it to power a 1050ti so unless your unit has gone bad it shouldn't be a power issue. I would try gaming again while watching your rails and see if any get to low before buying a new psu. The CX550 is similar to your current psu. Not a great psu, but will get the job done while not burning your house down.

Solution