Question PC restarts when playing games, during the game

lordheraldor

Reputable
Jan 16, 2020
Hi All,

I've been having some issues with my PC which has been restarting while I'm playing games, mostly Total War: Warhammer 3 (not enough time for other games unfortunately). The computer otherwise runs perfectly fine and I have no complaints beyond the restarting issue. My setup is pretty high-end with an AMD 5900X and an MSI 4090 with a Seasonic 1300 W power supply. Ram is 4 sticks of 16 GB Corsair Vengeance and was previously 4 sticks of 8 GB TridentZ. Some history is that the processor had to be swapped due to an issue where the pc would just stop working and completely freeze with the screen still on but nothing else working and the GPU had a previous owner who probably just didn't have an appropriate watt power supply and returned it to Microcenter where I picked it up. I also put the crash dumps into WhoCrashed. and that's just pointing to some kind of hardware problem. I guess that the motherboard is going but I'd like some more opinions before I have to replace it.

Thanks!

lordheraldor

Reputable
Jan 16, 2020
This is the gist of the dump:

Crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\041323-11437-01.dmp (Minidump)
Bugcheck code: 0x124(0x0, 0xFFFFBD8B7519B028, 0xBC800800, 0x60C0859)
Bugcheck name:WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
Driver or module in which error occurred: authenticamd.sys (authenticamd)
Bug check description:A fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA). This bug check is typically related to physical hardware failures. It can be heat related, defective hardware, memory or even a processor that is beginning to fail or has failed.
Analysis:
Google query:authenticamd WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

TRENDING THREADS