Question PC restarts whenever I launch a game

Oct 26, 2018
Hello,
I've been having the most unusual issue after upgrading my PC's components. Everything else with my PC runs perfectly. But when I launch a game, even something with relatively low demand such as WoW, the PC restarts within a few minutes. I had the upgrades all installed in a store, and they tested to make sure everything was fine. I brought the PC home and the issue occurred as soon as I launched a game. I took it back and they ran tests on the PSU and even managed to launch games without issue, but I was faced with the restarts again when I brought it home. I was told it could be the peripheral devices, so I launched a game with just a mouse and then just a keyboard, no audio devices at all. Same issue. I then unplugged my primary monitor, which is a 4k one. The games launched and lasted slightly longer on the smaller 1080p monitor, but a restart still occurred. I tried changing the cord from the wall outlet into the PSU, but there was no change. I uninstalled and reinstalled all the drivers I could, with no change. I flashed the BIOS, with no change.

I'm not all that tech savvy, I admit, so I've no idea what the issue could be.

Some specifications:
CPU - i7 9700k @ 3.60GHz
MOBO - ASRock Z390
Smaller Monitor - PHL 276E7 (1920x1080@60Hz)
Graphics Card - 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI)
Cooler - Noctua NH-D15
16GB of RAM. I'll have to get the specifics on this, as I bought it the other day at the store that installed all the upgrades, on their recommendation.

Thank you all.

Oct 26, 2018
From what I see, it's a Coolermaster 700W that says "80 PLUS" on the side. There is a specific part of the house where the lights flicker and dim, yes.
Edit: The flickers are limited to the upstairs patio. A long way away from me.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
Some additional info: My PC has restarted itself even when games aren't launched. Has done so twice in the last several hours, with just a browser window open.