Question PC Restarts While Gaming and Stress Testing After Installing A New GPU?

Sep 27, 2020
/SPECS: CPU: I5 3470; GPU: Radeon RX550; RAM: 8GB DDR3; PSU: Unknown powersupply; Motherborad: Fujitsu d3161-b1

I just switched from my old gt430 and now my games make me randomly re after a random amount of time.

Also, everything is now blurry/pixelated, as in text and icons, it's not so bad but it's annoying as all hell, so if you have a fix for that then I'd appreciate it.

Back to the matter.

I've installed my drivers, uninstalled all my old drivers with DDU, switched to an older driver version and back, tried all kinds of resolutions, made some new resolutions, and switched the slot for my GPU.

I've even done some CPU stress tests but my temps don't go anywhere high enough to cause panic.

I spent 80 Euro on this thing and as a teen that's a lot of money, so I'd like to get this fixed.

This sounds typical of a psu problem and you have a psu of unknown quality. If it’s a low quality psu that is inadequate for powering your gpu then every time you use the pc you are at risk of psu failure and causing damage to other components including your new gpu.

Sep 27, 2020
Get one and test it.
I put my old GPU on sale, so when that sells I'm getting a new PSU

But I do have another problem that I didn't mention.

After installing the AMD Gpu my screen starting getting brighter or darker when viewing something white/black so it's like adaptive brightness on a phone.

How do I turn it off?

I've already searched Control Panel\System and Security\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and nothing shows up under display.

I've even tried turning it off with a command prompt but that didn't work probably because it was meant for laptops :/

Any ideas?

Sep 27, 2020
LOL, turns out my motherboard cable had exposed wires that were near my hard drives and they literally caught on fire, luckily this was only an extension cord so I was able to switch it and now I'm not crashing anymore XD