Oct 22, 2019
Please read the whole post to understand the problem
My UPS is powerguard 1200va UPS, they're saying it's 720watt
I have corsair cx650W PSU (Today bought this PSU cause older one was causing problem,the current problem , Also it was causing pc to restart while gaming) running rx590 with it
Whenever gpu using more than 170 watt, and then if poweroutage happens/if i turn off main switch of the UPS.
Pc doesn't run on the battery, it restart's but UPS is still turned on
But GPU is pulling less than 170 then if i turn off main power pc runs on the battery doesn't cause any restart.
Though another thing, when pc is idle, if i turn off main power of the ups pc is running on the battery, now if i start gaming/benchmarking which causes
GPU to pull more than 170watt pc is still running on the battery, UPS isn't shutting down,

So i have two guesses, Maybe UPS is faulty and it's delaying ? or maybe PSU's capacitor isn't that big to hold power during UPS is changing AC to DC?
Or any other problem? that's why i'm posting this cause i can't just go and buy another UPS, firstly i've to be sure

I think you are on the right track.

I think the surge going from 0 watts.....to "when the GPU is pulling more than 170" might be too great.

....but when you turn of the mains when idle....now you are going from 0 watts to idle power.....which is much less of a surge.....and it stays running on battery.

Then when you start gaming.....you draw even more power.......but you aren't surging up to that level from 0 watts.....you are going up from idle watts.

Oct 22, 2019
I think you are on the right track.

I think the surge going from 0 watts.....to "when the GPU is pulling more than 170" might be too great.

....but when you turn of the mains when idle....now you are going from 0 watts to idle power.....which is much less of a surge.....and it stays running on battery.

Then when you start gaming.....you draw even more power.......but you aren't surging up to that level from 0 watts.....you are going up from idle watts.
Sorry i don't quite get it, what are you suggesting?

Jan 2, 2020
Please read the whole post to understand the problem
My UPS is powerguard 1200va UPS, they're saying it's 720watt
I have corsair cx650W PSU (Today bought this PSU cause older one was causing problem,the current problem , Also it was causing pc to restart while gaming) running rx590 with it
Whenever gpu using more than 170 watt, and then if poweroutage happens/if i turn off main switch of the UPS.
Pc doesn't run on the battery, it restart's but UPS is still turned on
But GPU is pulling less than 170 then if i turn off main power pc runs on the battery doesn't cause any restart.
Though another thing, when pc is idle, if i turn off main power of the ups pc is running on the battery, now if i start gaming/benchmarking which causes
GPU to pull more than 170watt pc is still running on the battery, UPS isn't shutting down,

So i have two guesses, Maybe UPS is faulty and it's delaying ? or maybe PSU's capacitor isn't that big to hold power during UPS is changing AC to DC?
Or any other problem? that's why i'm posting this cause i can't just go and buy another UPS, firstly i've to be sure
Changing the Battery of the UPS might help you fix this....!!!

Reactions: Utsho
At 720w, you're really close to simply overloading the ups. Even if you don't overload it, the runtime will be next to nothing.

A good experiment to try if you think it is power related is to pull out the rx590 and run the same tests. If the ups is normal, then you need a bigger ups. If it continues to have problems, probably something wrong with the ups or it is still overloading.

Oct 22, 2019
At 720w, you're really close to simply overloading the ups. Even if you don't overload it, the runtime will be next to nothing.

A good experiment to try if you think it is power related is to pull out the rx590 and run the same tests. If the ups is normal, then you need a bigger ups. If it continues to have problems, probably something wrong with the ups or it is still overloading.
My friend has brand new UPS the model is same as mine so I bought his UPS today and tested with is UPS.
Also with that brand new UPS I am facing the same problem.
So I am gessing these ups are not that great maybe? They're saying 2-6ms
But i think it's more than that that's why PSU can't hold power that long?

Oct 22, 2019
Changing the Battery of the UPS might help you fix this....!!!
My friend has brand new UPS the model is same as mine so I bought his UPS today and tested with is UPS.
Also with that brand new UPS I am facing the same problem.
So I am gessing these ups are not that great maybe? They're saying 2-6ms
But i think it's more than that that's why PSU can't hold power that long?