Question Pc restarts while gaming.

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
So i have had this problem for a while and have tried different things. So basically when i play a game a sudden black screen appears and the pc restarts. So i once tried to play with one stick of ram and it seemed to be working and not shutting down. I did not play that long like 3h but sometimes the pc does not restart for a good day and the next day it restarts again it might still restart after all gonna have to test it more.

Things i have tried: All stock setting, bios ubdate, reinstalled gpu drivers, new sticks of ram and reseated the gpu.

I will test a bit more today and see how it goes but if any suggestions what might be wrong let me know. Oh and one more thing, i don't know if this is important but. When the restart happens and i start up the game again the ram usage is about 1.5-2 gb lower compared to before the restart with the same programs open. Thx for any help.

Specs:

R5 3600 Cpu
Rx 5700 xt Gpu
Hyper x fury 16gb 3200mhz ram
x-570-p Mobo
corsair rm 750 gold Psu

Jorma04

Reputable
Nov 28, 2019
Temps?

Make sure your CPU cooler is properly seated. How many sticks of ram do you have and are they in dual channel configuration?
I have 2 sticks of ram and gpu temps are max 75 cpu max 55. And yeah they are in dual channel configuration i guess since it recognizes it and works in 16gb of ram 8gb each.