Question PC restarts while installing Windows 10

xxravixx

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
PC will restart when trying to install Windows 10 at very specific moments. I got through Installation but it will now freeze or restart at login, just after login, or sometime after login. But when I am running Hot CPU tester, it seems like the PC will not restart. I have RMA my motherboard and installed the new one and the problem persists, I have checked RAM, I have checked GPU, storage devices, cooling, heatsink, Temps are not at failure levels, I have tried many different things, I am at a loss now, Any Ideas?

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of Windows 10 are you trying to install? Did you create your bootable installer using Windows Media Creation Tools?

Might want to add your specs, for good measure;
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

xxravixx

Reputable
Jun 4, 2015
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x
Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Ram: G.Skill Trident Z 3200 C16 DDR4
SSD/HDD: Crucial 250 GB/WD Black 1TB
GPU: 5700xt
PSU: EVGA 1000W G+ Supernova
Chasis: Corsair I forgot the exact Model
I installed using Rufus to create the flash boot drive
I actually got it working now. The things that I did were mostly related to power options. I changed the minimum Processor Management State from 0% to 5%, but I saw some other power options and opted for the AMD Ryzen High performance Option, this one had the Processor Management State at 100% and it seems to be working fine now. Haven't had any crashes since. Thank you, sir or ma'am for trying to help.

My main issue now is that GPU temps have gone up, but I am going to check the power options and fiddle around see if that helps. I had one fan inoperable because I didn't plug it in correctly, fixed now. And another one inoperable for some reason, which is also fixed from replugging it in. After I got those 2 fans up and changed power plans, the GPU temp went up to a max of 85 degrees while gaming. Before it was already ranging from 60-70 degrees idle and is now at about 46 degrees idle. So, I think that it is okay. Just got to see what I can do about those temps.