PC Restarts with a black screen but fresh boot works

Oct 8, 2018
I'm having an issue, and I think it has something to do with my motherboard. So when I enable my integrated graphics setting on my mobo, my computer will start up normally. I have two screens. One plugged into my GPU and one on my integrated. both displays will work tuning on the PC from being completely turned off and integrated graphics is on. If I restart or try to shut down, the signal to the screens is turned off, but the PC won't actually shut down. Fans still running, LED lights still on etc.

But if I turn off integrated graphics in the mobo settings, then boot up, and then restart or shut down, everything works fine. I'm honestly at a loss here. Here is the build I'm currently using. It is an ASRock and I'm currently on Windows version 1803 (if that helps).

I've asked in multiple places for help and have honestly gotten no response from anyone. Anything at this point would be great!

i have an asus saberthooth that had the no shutdown issue. was a locked up bios. turned the power off and cleared the cmos fixed it and using the newest mb bios. in the bios dont set the main video to auto or it bounce from unit to unit. make the gpu the main bios and turn on muilt monitor support. also check windows power settings.

Oct 8, 2018

From what I can tell, I can't select the main video from my UEFI. At least not a setting that I'm able to see. I will have to try resetting the CMOS and get a flash drive to install the new BIOS, because using the windows program (and running it as admin) doesn't seem to be updating the stupid UEFI.

TRENDING THREADS