[SOLVED] PC restarts with GPU installed ?

Feb 12, 2021
Every time my graphics card is installed, my pc restarts, but without it, my pc has no restarts. I don't know if it's my gpu or my psu. But the guy who diagnosed our pc said that our psu is 700 watts but it's capped to only 300 watts. Any thoughts if it's my psu or gpu?

Specs:
Amd a8 9600
12 gb ram
Gigabyte a320m-h

I dont know the brand of my psu considering it's second hand.

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
It's def a sh*t psu that declares "YE WE CAN DELIVER 700W !!1!!!!111" and then in actual real life usage, if it draws even less than half the power declared it's a miracle. Change that.

NEVER CHEAP OUT ON PSU. Watts are really just a number on a psu. It doesn't determine the quality (so the 80+ symbol on it, to a lesser degree) https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/psu-tier-list-psucultists.3624094/ with your kind of system you could go as lower as tier c list. Pick one from this.

Personal recommendation for your system would be the fsp fortron hydro g, the sharkoon wpm gold zero. Both really affordable but they're solid when it comes to low tier builds like yours is (no offense ofc, you get whatever you can afford, im not here to judge people, far from it). If you can spend a lil more either the corsair rmx 650 or the seasonic gold 650 would be perfect. Depends all on your budget.

Last edited: