Question PC reverted to a previous state and I don't know why

May 6, 2020
Before I go on, I want to preface my lack in technical terms and knowledge, so if the answer to my question is in front of me, I apologize.

Earlier today, (5/6/2020), I was readjusting my monitors and my computer blue screened. I sat in bed and eventually went and got food, as I wasn't worried about the issue at the time, and walked up and left, not reading the screen or anything after.

Fast forward roughly 2 hours, I came back to my PC, turning it on, and noticing that my screen resolution was 1280x1024 and that my lock screen was different, and that my computer was asking for my password rather than my microsoft pin, which is obviously what it normally did.

After logging into my PC, I noticed that my desktop was completely different, and all my files on my desktop were gone. After checking my C: drive, everything was pretty much gone, all my folders and programs were gone, however, my E: drive still had all the files I had.

I don't really know how else to explain this. but if there is any help I can get, please feel free to give it to me. I'll try to answer all questions, but might need more detail following the questions.

Also, I have no idea which sub-forum I needed to put this in, so I just put it in windows 10.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Did you make this PC? is it a brand name or did someone build it?

Just wonder if it had 2 hard drives in it and it is loading off another one now. Would explain the changes. Did you ever upgrade the drives in it?

can you right click the start button
choose disk management
open the next window up so you can see all the columns
take a screenshot and upload it to an image sharing website and show a link here

although, if drive isn't working, it might not show there.

Latest posts