PC Rig Storage set up

Mateo Batkis

Honorable
Apr 11, 2015
So i have been trying to find the optimal way to use my three drives. I have one SSD allready configured to house windows and my program files, but now i have an almost empty WD Blue in 1tb at 7200Rpm and a WD green in 3tb at 5400 Rpm. I just got the blue drive today and had previously housed all my games on the green drive however i am wondering if i could get less texture popping on the blue drive. I would also like to set it up so that the ssd and blue drive would back up to the green drive. Any Input?

Solution
Hey there, Mateo!

If you plan to use the WD Green as a backup, I'd suggest you put it in an enclosure. Keeping a copy of your files somewhere off-site as well as on-site is the way to backup properly. If you keep all three drives inside the PC rig, it can't really be considered a backup. In the unfortunate event of system failure, you would lose all your data. That's exactly why it's highly recommended to keep an off-site backup. I'd recommend you check this guide on Windows Install & Optimization for your SSD and WD Blue. I'd also suggest you change the default download path to the secondary Blue drive, because it will prevent your SSD from filling with secondary storage data.

The more backups you keep, the...
Hey there, Mateo!

If you plan to use the WD Green as a backup, I'd suggest you put it in an enclosure. Keeping a copy of your files somewhere off-site as well as on-site is the way to backup properly. If you keep all three drives inside the PC rig, it can't really be considered a backup. In the unfortunate event of system failure, you would lose all your data. That's exactly why it's highly recommended to keep an off-site backup. I'd recommend you check this guide on Windows Install & Optimization for your SSD and WD Blue. I'd also suggest you change the default download path to the secondary Blue drive, because it will prevent your SSD from filling with secondary storage data.

The more backups you keep, the safer you will feel about your files.
Keep me posted if you have more questions! :)
Cheers,
SuperSoph_WD

Solution