PC running, but no display on monitor

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
I know there are so many of these but I need help. My pc turns on and everything runs but my HDMI connected video card GTX 1060 is not showing anything on the screen. In fact, the fans on it start up for a few seconds before stopping. But nothing on the screen.

What is the most probable cause here? I want to start selling parts but can't in good faith because I don't know if the PC is busted or not. I have tried another monitor and that didn't work. Tried 2 different HDMI cords and unplugged a lot of things inside and resecured them but nada.

This could be totally random but the night before I started having this problem I left my windows wide open to my bedroom and it rained heavily. Rain doesn't get in but there probably was a lot of moisture. Also when I tried turning it on it started briefly then kinda abruptly shut off.

Part list:

Intel - Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core Processor

Gigabyte - GA-H110M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

Kingston - FURY 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory

PNY - CS1311 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Gigabyte - GeForce GTX 1060 3GB 3GB Windforce OC Video Card

Thermaltake - Versa H22 ATX Mid Tower Case

EVGA - 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

Will try this when I get home. PSU related how?

Oct 8, 2018
Since your motherboard has an HDMI input try connecting the monitor to that. Assuming that works, then I would update the drivers on the graphics card and plug the HDMI back into the graphics card to see if the update made a difference.

Another thing you could try if you have access to another monitor with a display port or DVI input is to try and connect through one those inputs. I suggest this option because I have a Gigabyte 1070 and for some reason the display port input is defective but HDMI and DVI work just fine.

Good Luck

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

Hmm, but wouldn't that mean it wouldn't power up the other functioning parts though? The PC turns on and runs, just no video.

Francis_13

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016

I have never had success with plugging in the HDMI to the motherboard. I will try to use a DVI cable when I find one.

TRENDING THREADS