[SOLVED] PC running but unresponsive after being idle for few hours

captain86

Commendable
Jul 30, 2021
Hi
Problem: PC not responding After leaving it idle for some hours, all lights on from fans and mobo, but no response and monitor dont show anything

Situation: before going away I turn my monitor off and leave PC turned on.

Note: even using blind shutdown from keyboard dont work (probably indicates its PC/system issue)

I did:
  • update drivers for GPU
  • update windows
  • checked erp is off from BIOS
  • checked mouse and keyboard allowed to wake up PC
  • tried plug/unplug monitor during freeze phase, and tried to use hdmi when freeze, no good
  • power options set to sleep after 30 mins (did not happen thu) and monitor off to 30 mins, hard disk is set to turn off after 20 mins by default (not sure if relevant or need to change)
-q code = AA while stuck (normal)

Specs:
  • windows 10
  • Asus x570-e gaming
  • RTX 3070
  • Amd R9 5900x
  • nvme m2 + hdd 2tb
  • 32 gb ram
Thanks

Solution
Make and model monitor?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Next time the computer is successfully booted look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have been captured/logged when PC fails to respond.

Temporarily disable/remove all sleep timers/power savers etc.. If the problem ends then bring back each one (one at a time) and allow a day or so before re-configuring the next sleep timer or power saver.

Determine if the problem can be narrowed to one particular component or setting.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model monitor?

PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Next time the computer is successfully booted look in Reliability History and Event Viewer for error codes, warnings, or even informational events that may have been captured/logged when PC fails to respond.

Temporarily disable/remove all sleep timers/power savers etc.. If the problem ends then bring back each one (one at a time) and allow a day or so before re-configuring the next sleep timer or power saver.

Determine if the problem can be narrowed to one particular component or setting.

Solution