PC running quite hot

AshyCFC

Honorable
CPU at around 50 degrees celsius whilst just browsing internet.

it's an fx-4100 and I know it's pretty poor so I've cleaned my entire pc out with compressed air etc. looking to change my cooler/fans

Cooler: I'm going to purchase a coolermaster hyper evo 212

looking for fans to replace my current one with. I'll be buying 2 80mm ones. Any suggestions(i'd prefer them not to be too noisy etc!) got about £30-40 to spend on them.

Solution

I think you are fine, I hit ~30c on idle and web browsing, so 40c really isn't that bad for the CPU yo have. If you really want to keep it cool though, you might as well get a CPU cooler.

JuX

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013
AMD CPU's tend to have higher temperatures than intel CPU's. Getting a new cooler is a good idea, as for the fans, most aren't very noisy, Noctua fans are good in my opinion.

AshyCFC

Honorable
It used to be only around 30-40 but I've since changed some parts in my PC (I've had this pc about 2 years)

My fx-4100 is at stock speeds but I recently put in a larger GPU so it may have effected airflow.

I'll look at cooler master fans then I can have a set of cooler master stuff haha(I couldn't find the fans you listed in the UK)

I did see these however: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NF-R8-PWM-Case-4-Pin/dp/B006ISKZ4O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1388427665&sr=8-5&keywords=80mm+fan

what'd you think a pair of them and a hyper 212 EVO sort out my temperature issue?

Sevenater

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

There you go, the 212 Evo is a great cooler and will do you good, I would stick with the cooler master fans, they are nice and there is no need for Nactua in this build, and I do think the 212 Evo will solve this issue, make sure you install it. Make sure you select a "Best Solution" to help members with similar problems.

AshyCFC

Honorable
I couldn't find the cooler master fans(I'm from the UK) no retailer had them on stock. +the noctua are affordable and I'll be upgrading my CPU in the future siince I've had this one for 2 years anyway to most probably an FX-8320 (which i will want to experiment with a bit of OCING on)

It's either 2 of those noctua (£26) or 2 of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-80mm-LED-Fan/dp/B005516OF4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1388428367&sr=8-1&keywords=cooler+master+80mm+fan (£8) because my case only has 80MM slots for fans.

Sevenater

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

In that case go ahead and get the nactuas. :)

AshyCFC

Honorable
Just wondering, My PC only has one fan in it right now but has a slot for two. Would it be OK to upgrade to one of the noctua fans + the hyper 212 EVO and then get another noctua later when I get my 8320 or should I just get both now?

AshyCFC

Honorable
Double post apologies.

I just realised that when I changed my PSU/GPU i did not reconnect one of the front fans. Doing this has reduced my temperatures by about 10 degrees celsius.

nevermind I checked in hwmonitor and I have 25 degrees celsius for CPU and motherboard on around 40.

Sevenater

Honorable
Dec 1, 2013

I think you are fine, I hit ~30c on idle and web browsing, so 40c really isn't that bad for the CPU yo have. If you really want to keep it cool though, you might as well get a CPU cooler.

Solution

Yes! The Hyper 212 EVO is a GREAT cooler!

TRENDING THREADS