PC Running Slow After Closing Games

deathpuppx

Commendable
Jul 21, 2016
Gonna keep it short. My PC runs really slow after I close a game and try to use Windows or open any app. I close the game, try to type something into the search bar, and takes like 5 seconds for the words to show, and another 5 seconds for the results. It's slow like this for about a minute and gets better slowly. I have an HDD for W10 and small apps, and an external HDD for games. Specs: i5-3570, GTX 1050 Ti, 12GB DDR3. I also open the task manager after exiting, and it seems normal, less than 5% CPU usage, 25-30% RAM out of 12GB, and 0% disk. I don't see why it's this sluggish. It's also really slow at startup, but with an HDD I think this is pretty normal. Really considering an SSD, got a new laptop with an SSD and it loads everything so quick, and doesn't ever stutter at startup.

Solution
That's not normal. IMO it's either:

a) software glitch, or
b) HDD hardware (failing)

I believe if it was a virus the reason for being slow would be high CPU usage. So I don't think it can be that.

An SSD isn't a bad choice. If possible consider CLONING to the SSD (if enough capacity). It may or may not help if it's a weird software glitch but then if everything's snappy you've avoided the hassle of reinstalling Windows.

*Unhook the HDD if you clone or otherwise install the SSD in case it's somehow causing issues by just being connected (not impossible).
That's not normal. IMO it's either:

a) software glitch, or
b) HDD hardware (failing)

I believe if it was a virus the reason for being slow would be high CPU usage. So I don't think it can be that.

An SSD isn't a bad choice. If possible consider CLONING to the SSD (if enough capacity). It may or may not help if it's a weird software glitch but then if everything's snappy you've avoided the hassle of reinstalling Windows.

*Unhook the HDD if you clone or otherwise install the SSD in case it's somehow causing issues by just being connected (not impossible).

Solution