[SOLVED] Pc running slow

Dec 5, 2018
About 2 years ago I bought a Cyber Power pc off of amazon, it couldn't run Skyrim Special Edition well AT ALL so I upgraded my graphics card from the one I had to the GTX 1050. It works fine on most games such as overwatch and Skyrim SE. On the highest graphical settings. The only thing is it boots up pretty slow and opens up things slow. And sometimes I get an FPS drop in overwatch when something crazy happens. But right now I'm having trouble running open world games that have large worlds such as Ark and Destiny 2 and the new game ATLAS. I want to upgrade my pc but I don't what to upgrade at all.

-CPU- AMD Vishera FX-6300 3.5GHz
-8gb DDR3
-NVIDIA GTX1050 Ti
-1Tb HDD
-Windows 10

Here is the exact link to my Pc except for the graphics card has changed to the one listed above.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01EUC7MCC?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Solution
I wouldn't. But you could download a hardware monitor like HWiNFO which can show you that information.

Being a nitpicker but the way in which you wrote suggests you're considering upgrading (only) the CPU and RAM on your current motherboard. Generally a motherboard will limit what CPUs and RAM can be used with it. For example, I know you're using an FX-6300 which means you couldn't upgrade to any Ryzen or Intel CPU; plus you couldn't use DDR4 RAM with it.
Ideally you'd be looking at a new platform 'upgrade' - because the best option is a new motherboard, CPU and RAM which is the heart of a new PC essentially.

Have you got a budget in mind? If you post that I'm sure resident builders can suggest a configuration which matches your needs.

Dec 5, 2018

Well I wasn't looking to get a whole new build but, if that is the best option I will do that. I don't really have a budget in mind I just want my computer to be able to play all games on high with no troubles, and for boot up to not be slow.

For boot times you could reduce those without a whole platform upgrade; get an SSD. A PC feels a lot quicker as a result of this as it reduces boot and loading times. It won't help with getting better fps for your games which remains on the CPU and GPU side.

Now, depending on your motherboard it's highly likely there are better CPUs still available to change to (perhaps the FX-8350). But whether it is worthwhile, i.e. whether you see any appreciable change is a different matter. In this situation the vast majority would advise saving for something better, especially if the platform is end of life like the FX series of CPUs.

Dec 5, 2018

I think what I'm going to do is get a new CPU and some ddr4 because I think that is going to make the most difference. But now I just need to know which ones I want to get. Also do you know what the motherboard is called on my pc I can't find where it says it on the amazon.

I wouldn't. But you could download a hardware monitor like HWiNFO which can show you that information.

Being a nitpicker but the way in which you wrote suggests you're considering upgrading (only) the CPU and RAM on your current motherboard. Generally a motherboard will limit what CPUs and RAM can be used with it. For example, I know you're using an FX-6300 which means you couldn't upgrade to any Ryzen or Intel CPU; plus you couldn't use DDR4 RAM with it.

Solution
Dec 5, 2018
Alright at this point I'm upgrading my entire pc, but don't get me wrong I'm fine with that. I just still need to know which motherboard and cpu would be compatible and best suit my rig.

Very much depends on what you intend to do. The general concensus is Intel is the best for pure gaming, and AMD's Ryzen are the best value and better multi-taskers.

So if you only game then an Intel set up will be best. (I consider this to be very console-like in its usage.)

But if you game and stream then a Ryzen set up will be preferable for many cases (probably with the exception at the very top).

If you are considering a new build, consider starting a new thread with your needs, budget and country so resident builders can provide suggestions.