Sep 28, 2019
I have a dell inspiron 530 stock from the store I have not added anything to it. I did a clean install of windows 7 32-bit installed all drivers, and did a disk fragment and the computer is still running super slow, the thinking light on the tower stays not and does not turn off. Doesnt blink like it did before when it was thinking. Takes forever to bootup and even when it boots still slow. It has nothing installed on it at all but updates and drivers. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Last edited:
Solution
I havnt upgraded because this computer was working good still. I have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz. 4GB of ram, 64-bit cpu but running windows 7 32 bit.

Thanks for the info on your system. what GPU do you have installed? I would suggest that you install Win10 and if possible, upgrade to a minimum of 8GB of RAM. You may be able to use your Win7 key to activate the ver. of Win10. I would research a little into it. You can download and install Win10 itself and run it without activating it, though you'll not be able to customize certain aspects of it, though it's base functionality will be there. There are great guides here on the forums on how to do it, with several members being very knowledgeable here that...

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED
I have a dell inspiron 530 stock from the store I have not added anything to it. I did a clean install of windows 7 32-bit installed all drivers, and did a disk fragment and the computer is still running super slow, the thinking light on the tower stays not and does not turn off. Doesnt blink like it did before when it was thinking. Takes forever to bootup and even when it boots still slow. It has nothing installed on it at all but updates and drivers. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Post update: I installed windows 7 to a usb drive and booted from that thinking it was a hard drive failure and its still slow on that. Thinking light still stays on and computer slow.

Good morning @martin_211,

The fact that your PC is stock, means that the Inspiron 530 is approx. 12 years old with it's 6/26/07 release date. As there were a few different configurations, ranging from a Celeron 450 on up to a C2Q 9550, without knowing exactly what you have, it's hard to tell you either the best upgrade path or even possible tweaks you could try.

Just about everyone here will suggest that you upgrade to either a new Ryzen or Intel system. That putting money into your system simply isn't worth the investment.

Is there a reason why you don't upgrade to newer tech?

Sep 28, 2019
Good morning @martin_211,

The fact that your PC is stock, means that the Inspiron 530 is approx. 12 years old with it's 6/26/07 release date. As there were a few different configurations, ranging from a Celeron 450 on up to a C2Q 9550, without knowing exactly what you have, it's hard to tell you either the best upgrade path or even possible tweaks you could try.

Just about everyone here will suggest that you upgrade to either a new Ryzen or Intel system. That putting money into your system simply isn't worth the investment.

Is there a reason why you don't upgrade to newer tech?

I havnt upgraded because this computer was working good still. I have Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4700 @ 2.60GHz 2.60 GHz. 4GB of ram, 64-bit cpu but running windows 7 32 bit.

Mrgr74

Reputable
BANNED

Thanks for the info on your system. what GPU do you have installed? I would suggest that you install Win10 and if possible, upgrade to a minimum of 8GB of RAM. You may be able to use your Win7 key to activate the ver. of Win10. I would research a little into it. You can download and install Win10 itself and run it without activating it, though you'll not be able to customize certain aspects of it, though it's base functionality will be there. There are great guides here on the forums on how to do it, with several members being very knowledgeable here that could help.

Solution