Jan 19, 2021
Whatsup Guys! its been about 3 years since ive updated my cyberpowerpc sent WD green 120gb Sata, from my first cyberpowerpc build ive built the pc all the way up the only thing i didnt touch was the ssd, im currently running a 2700x and a rtx 2080 which is running awesome at games n everything i need to do, but ive slowly realized google serches, loading times into programs, even files in windows explorer were taking forever!

I have about 5 discs, 3 of which are ssds, 1 is my 120gb wd green, another is 120gb kingston and another wd green. The kingston and wd green 3 is for games while wd green 1 is for bios n all.

My 3TB harddrive has been with me since day one and makes a tiking noise everytime its used and is always at 100% usage rate, my other 1tb harddrive is barley used as its just storage for photos, Im trying to figure out if its a software issue inwhich tbh i dont have much software besides steam games, or if it is hardware, Im also trying to see if i should upgrade my 3tb or my ssd first. PC startup is quick, loading into setting is quick but clicking any of the options such as updating the software has a hiccup.

Loading a video game using my 3tb HDD usually consist of me waiting a bit, HDD making noise, and if the game fails inwhich latley it has my pc sometimes goes into bizzare mode and resets my wallpaper engine, google chrome, taskbar and all, leading me to a black screen that is refreshed in a minute. Most programs are on HDD but some are on SSD such as Chrome, Thanks for any opinions! LMK!!!!!

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
3 ssd, 2 x 120gb, 3rd unknown
Who makes 2tb hdd?
what is 5th drive?
wd green ssd is windows? since you say bios but well, bios is on the motherboard. So I assume windows?
How full are the ssd? if you use too much space on an ssd it will slow down.

most hardware makers have testing programs you can use to see if drive is okay, could be you need to run one on 2tb

Jan 19, 2021
3 ssd, 2 x 120gb, 3rd unknown
Who makes 2tb hdd?
what is 5th drive?
wd green ssd is windows? since you say bios but well, bios is on the motherboard. So I assume windows?
How full are the ssd? if you use too much space on an ssd it will slow down.

most hardware makers have testing programs you can use to see if drive is okay, could be you need to run one on 2tb
SSD 1 Wd green WINDOWS 7.56GB free of 120GB
SSD 2 Wd green 11.9GB free holding forza
SSS 3 KINGSTON 108gb FREE
3TB HDD HITACHI 524gb FREEE
1tb WD BLUE 158GB free

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution