PC running SSD

metarzuchee

Prominent
Aug 14, 2017
I want to be able to use an SSD instead of the usual HDD. If I want to assemble my own desktop PC from scratch, does it mean that I still have to buy a kit with the HDD or I can just go straight on the SSD? Can anyone please point me to the right direction where I can get any information on how I can go about it?

Solution
your choice is this.
SSD only - no HDD the SSD is a storage device and if large enough a hard drive is not needed
Both- SSD for the OS and the HDD for mass storage. most common allow smaller cheaper SSD and mass storage
HDD alone- slow you know what this is

you are not required to use one or the other. is the SSD is large enough the HDD is not needed. I suggest 240GB as the smallest SSD to get, smaller SSD's are slower.

your only limitations are the SSD interface, M.2 or SATA III. let the available ports tell you what you need.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
your choice is this.
SSD only - no HDD the SSD is a storage device and if large enough a hard drive is not needed
Both- SSD for the OS and the HDD for mass storage. most common allow smaller cheaper SSD and mass storage
HDD alone- slow you know what this is

you are not required to use one or the other. is the SSD is large enough the HDD is not needed. I suggest 240GB as the smallest SSD to get, smaller SSD's are slower.

your only limitations are the SSD interface, M.2 or SATA III. let the available ports tell you what you need.

Solution