Pc running strange and slow

Nov 2, 2018
Hi there I've been having a problem with my pc when I turned it on. Normally when I log in discord, cam and steam are open. However this time I turned it on it took a couple seconds to sign in and about 1 minute to open discord and cam.

I thought it might have just been a one of thing so I just started gaming. I opened cs and I was getting random fps drops to 60fps every 5 seconds.

I restarted my pc and it came up with a cup fan error however my cpu fan was spinning and my cpu was at 38 at idol.i unlocked my computer and nothing was open and my cpu was at 100% opening the startup applications. I then started cs go and I was getting 60 fps. I ran a chkdsk on both my ssd and my hdd and they both came out clean. I checked all my drivers and they are upto date. I also ran malwarebytes and everything came out clean.

I then checked my bios and it was not up to date so I updated my bios. I then checked my gpu was my main graphics output and it was.

None of this helped. And I am lost on what to do.

System specs

Motherboard- asus b350-f
Cpu- ryzen 5 2400g overclocked to 3.9
Gpu- gigabyte g1 gtx 1070
Psu- corsair 500w 80plus bronze
Cpu Cooler- 240mm watercooler

Please help!

Nov 2, 2018

when i check for windows updates everything is up to date.

I just checked previous updates and everything has been installed succesfully

Nov 2, 2018
I have checked too see what's issuing the cpu and I can't see anything. It only starts throttling at start up then it's fine after that. However my fps had halved which is strange.

I'm am going to try clearing cmos and see if that helps. I will keep you updated.

Thanks for the ideas keep them coming.