PC running very below expectations

Mar 29, 2018
Hello everyone, hope you guys are having a good day so far. Firstly, let me start by listing my system
GTX 1080TI
Intel i7-8700K
Samsung 960 Evo 250GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
Corsair Vengence LPX DDR4 3000

so my PC is relatively new,with it being built in Dec 2017. For the first 2 months it was running very smoothly with very high average fps on triple A games. i was of course very happy with my first actual legit PC which i saved up for, being a PC newbie. However recently i have been experiencing massive fps drops across all my games namely;

League of Legends: 300 to sub 100
COD WW2: 150 on very high settings to 70
AC Origins: 200 on max settings to an abysmal 30 fps on VERY LOW
Just Cause 3: hovers around 50
Farcry 5: new game so it started on around 45

Troubleshooting done:
1. ccleaner
2. cpu temps are not high (65-75)
3. hdd 0% fragmented
4. As far as i can see the only thing with high cpu usage is the actual game running itself.
5. Drivers are updated with clean install, but then again i am not sure what drivers i am supposed to have.
6. Yes nvidia settings are on "prefer maximum performance"
7. No anti-virus is currently installed
Not sure if it really is a problem with my system but i have been living with these fps problems for about 2 months as 70fps in COD is still ok but with so much new content releasing i just cant afford to sit still anymore
Any kind of input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again!

Mar 29, 2018

1.my gpu temps are are fine as well.
2.i have no idea when exactly the problem started tbh, sorry.
3.tried that and nothing happened

MERGED QUESTION
Question from afloppywalrus : "FPS very low for a rather decent system"

You might have gotten a Windows 10 update that botched some of your chipset and/or graphics drivers by substituting default MS drivers instead....

I'd reload you chipset drivers, and then get the newest Nvidia driver package (express install always works fine) which just came out two days ago or so...

XMP should be on unless you manually set timings and volts. If not, you’re not getting the speed you paid for.

You go to the mobo site and get latest chipset, storage, and audio drivers.

Also, don’t install geforce experience, just driver and physx.

Mar 29, 2018

Funny enough i did this and my frame rate actually dropped slightly

Mar 29, 2018

Did this and actually my frame rate dropped. perhaps i did something wrong?

Mar 29, 2018

thanks for still replying to this thread.
1. my psu is a super flower leadex 2 gold 750W
2. was hoping to freshly install windows, but am too computer dumb to do it. i searched it up online and it didnt answer alot of the questions i had, mainly what would happen to my boot drive and if i had to do all the set up process again as i am not very familiar with them.
3. by RMA do you mean i should get it replaced?

Mar 29, 2018

is there something i need to back up specifically? my computer is mainly used for gaming and i can always just redownload everything if that's what you mean. and if i click the reinstall windows button from win10 would i have to like, redo it to boot from my ssd and stuff like that. im just afraid to do anything because if it gets to that early a point in the process i have no idea how to do that. the pc was built in-front of me to ensure the merchant did not swap any parts but he handed me a pc that could go into the homepage of windows so anything before that that needed to be done i have no idea how to do.

Mar 29, 2018

unfortunately my friends are more pc dumb than me....
i do not know what they charge, but i guess i could just go and ask. oh well thanks for helping anyways