PC running very slow

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015
Hi.

My rig has since the last couple of weeks been acting very strange. I can feel it lagging alot and being far less responsive.

In my taskmanager i can see FireFox taking up 50% of the ram alone and is lagging alot when switching between sites.

I run a paid subscription of BitDefender and its tells me my system is clean.

My rig is from 2015 with:
Intel Core i5-4690K, Socket-LGA1150i5 4047k CPU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VII HERO, Socket-1150
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9

Would love to get my PC up and running normally again.

inzane4all

Upstanding
Jun 20, 2018
Use Malwarebytes or Spybot. It's always good to use more than one software to scan for Spyware/Malware just to be safe. This has happened to me where one software said my system was clean, but a different one was able to find the issue I was having.

Any OC done? What type of cooler are you using? Is it HSF or AIO Liquid Cooler? If it's an AIO, have you checked the Radiator to make sure it's not clogged with dirt? How about the fans?

I mean, if everything hardware looks good, the only other thing you can do after you scan your system for Malware or Spyware is to re-install the OS. If re-installing the OS still does not fix the issue, then it can possibly be hardware related...

Wetles89

Distinguished
May 1, 2015

Hi, All my fans are clean and the CPU is running at a good temp. I`ll try the maleware and spybot programs. are they free? maybe they solve something. thanks